This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Evening all, just thought I'd say hello and I'm back!

Yes I know I turned up once in December. The day after that, my computer refused to work, so I was left internet-less during Christmas and the New Year while my uncle took my computer to fix it. But yesterday we bought me a new PC, which I will hopefully take to university with me, and so I'm back online! So what's been happening...

Well I'd best start with the whole university thing. I got five offers, which I'm dead pleased about. I also got rejected by Girton College Cambridge. The letter came on New Year's Eve so at least I had an overall great day, but more on that later. That's an outright rejection, no pool or anything. I was a bit disappointed but more relieved that it's over. Just waiting on Cambridge to make it official so I can go and pick Manchester and King's as my firm and insurance (Manchester want AA and King's want 300 points including A in Maths).

As for my holiday, a mixture of very boring and very fun. Christmas was spent with my extended family, enjoying a nice munch of roast chicken but not the greatest company. A great yawn-fest, though everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves. New Year's on the other hand was great, we went to Westminster to see Big Ben chime 12 (even though it didn't even ring) and the brilliant fireworks display at the London Eye. Many drinks and much fun were had, and for some reason we were doing the "Vieira" chant. The atmosphere carried me away man! Anyway we eventually got back to my mate's house at 2, had a few more drinks and slept. My first New Year's Eve not watching it all on the bloody TV, but by no means my last!

Anyways that's me announcing my return proper, and posting this thread to ask what's been happening while I've been gone. And I'm appalled that I didn't scoop an award!!! Though I see I was nominated for "Biggest Flirt" :cool:... anyways holler back!
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
welcome back...though could not read all of ur explaination....lol
realy long
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
welcome back...though could not read all of ur explaination....lol
realy long
God forbid when you have to read a book.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
welcome back.I take it the tumbleweed jokes have returned
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey! Welcome back!

You back permanently this time? I can't really think of much thats gone on....oh Maskall has turned good (well for now anyway). He posted a long plea and has contributed some normal stuff and hasn't spammed. Oh and Mr White has left. Again!

Not much more than that though really!
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Hey! Welcome back!

You back permanently this time? I can't really think of much thats gone on....oh Maskall has turned good (well for now anyway). He posted a long plea and has contributed some normal stuff and hasn't spammed. Oh and Mr White has left. Again!

why has he left this time?
theone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
Wasn't it his new year's resolution or something?
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Welcome back Juwel! Sorry about your rejection - yuo know it was their loss!
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Evening all, just thought I'd say hello and I'm back!

Yes I know I turned up once in December. The day after that, my computer refused to work, so I was left internet-less during Christmas and the New Year while my uncle took my computer to fix it. But yesterday we bought me a new PC, which I will hopefully take to university with me, and so I'm back online! So what's been happening...

Well I'd best start with the whole university thing. I got five offers, which I'm dead pleased about. I also got rejected by Girton College Cambridge. The letter came on New Year's Eve so at least I had an overall great day, but more on that later. That's an outright rejection, no pool or anything. I was a bit disappointed but more relieved that it's over. Just waiting on Cambridge to make it official so I can go and pick Manchester and King's as my firm and insurance (Manchester want AA and King's want 300 points including A in Maths).

As for my holiday, a mixture of very boring and very fun. Christmas was spent with my extended family, enjoying a nice munch of roast chicken but not the greatest company. A great yawn-fest, though everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves. New Year's on the other hand was great, we went to Westminster to see Big Ben chime 12 (even though it didn't even ring) and the brilliant fireworks display at the London Eye. Many drinks and much fun were had, and for some reason we were doing the "Vieira" chant. The atmosphere carried me away man! Anyway we eventually got back to my mate's house at 2, had a few more drinks and slept. My first New Year's Eve not watching it all on the bloody TV, but by no means my last!

Anyways that's me announcing my return proper, and posting this thread to ask what's been happening while I've been gone. And I'm appalled that I didn't scoop an award!!! Though I see I was nominated for "Biggest Flirt" :cool:... anyways holler back!
im sad to say Zhewel, that infinity is now offically 2776's, and that she has offically announced that the baby is his, though there was speculation...im sorry mate!

but welcome back
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just you watch him, he'll be back.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
for dramatic effect/attention
theone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Welcome back Juwel! Sorry about your rejection - yuo know it was their loss!
Yeah I have to agree with that, unlucky Jewel, they don't know what's best for them clearly. Well done on your other offers though!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey! Welcome back!

when did Mr White leave?
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theone)
did he say when he will be back?
theone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
did he say when he will be back?
Can't really remember, it's a dim and distant memory, let's not let it overshadow Jewel's return anyway
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theone)
so he's been gone since new years and i didn't even notice... then again, i haven't been around that much lately, what with my disk troubles. (is that what you had juwel?)
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
some time this week post counts will slowly increase and people will start to disappear going to uni etc*
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
when did Mr White leave?
New Years I think. He'll probably be back though...
Juwel
Rep:
?
for dramatic effect/attention
Cheeky!

No, I left because my workload was getting too pressing for me to be doing anything else. I managed to perform a last-minute job on my M1 coursework and apparently scraped an A, damn I am lucky!
Juwel
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
so he's been gone since new years and i didn't even notice... then again, i haven't been around that much lately, what with my disk troubles. (is that what you had juwel?)
My problem was that after logging on nothing happened, the explorer program didn't start up so it was just the desktop. My uncle says some system folder got deleted so he's restoring it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads