Turn on thread page Beta

why is my guy friend being so sensitive about it? watch

ReputationRep:
    last year i shared an apartment with some guy friends abroad (we're late teens early 20s). recently one of them (who i am closer to) came to my parents house as he had to drop some stuff off, and met my mum. when we left my house he asked me if my mum knew about us sharing a place and i was like yeah of course, and he was like 'then how come she didnt ask me about it/bring it up', sounding like he didn't believe me. i said of course i told my parents its just i didnt mention details, they were cool with it (ok they werent cool with it at first, but i persuaded them but i didnt want to tell him that). his face looked kinda pissed while we were talking about this, i dont get why he'd get so sensitive about it??

basically it just kinda took me by surprise and made me feel bad/uneasy, like he doesnt believe me?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneandatwo)
    last year i shared an apartment with some guy friends abroad (we're late teens early 20s). recently one of them (who i am closer to) came to my parents house as he had to drop some stuff off, and met my mum. when we left my house he asked me if my mum knew about us sharing a place and i was like yeah of course, and he was like 'then how come she didnt ask me about it/bring it up', sounding like he didn't believe me. i said of course i told my parents its just i didnt mention details, they were cool with it (ok they werent cool with it at first, but i persuaded them but i didnt want to tell him that). his face looked kinda pissed while we were talking about this, i dont get why he'd get so sensitive about it??

basically it just kinda took me by surprise and made me feel bad/uneasy, like he doesnt believe me?
    Sounds like he may like you. Idk but the story reminded me argument a couple would have if they dated for x amount of years and your parents did know about him at all. It seems as if he hurt we wasn't worth mentioning or at least that maybe how he sees it.

ReputationRep:
    What's your point, and/or, the point of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that, or maybe he's afraid that you didn't tell your parents and your dad might find out and he'll wake up to him knocking on the door with a baseball bat. Some parents are psychos like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    What's your point, and/or, the point of this thread?
    i just want to understand why he would be sensitive about it, like would most guys ask alot in this type of sit etc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2010
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.