Need help with programming Watch

lightman
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Anybody help me with my programming unit. I am doing BTEC National Diploma ICT. Im doing unit 20 which is one of my last units. I need to create two programs. I will show you the questions:

Program 1
You have been asked by your manager to design and produce a simple program which will provide payroll information about Acme Enterprises’s hourly paid workers. The program will calculate gross pay, calculate and deduct tax and National Insurance, and produce a printout of the results, suitably formatted for use by the client’s Payroll Manager. The requirements are as follows.

 Number of employees will vary from 20 at a time when orders are low to a maximum of 30 during periods of peak productivity. The payroll manager would need to be alerted if more than 35 employees were input to the payroll, although the program should be allowed to continue.

 The operator needs to enter staff name, date, works number and hours worked per week. Since the operator need not be computer literate, the data entry should be as simple as possible.

 Hourly paid workers will work a maximum of 68 hours in a week.

 The rate for hourly paid workers is £8.45 for the first 36 hours worked per week, and for hours worked above 36 and up to 44 they are paid £11.32. Above 44 hours they are paid £16.66.

 Workers are all taxed at a straight 20 per cent on gross pay, and National Insurance is deducted at a rate of 7 per cent on gross pay.

 The company has their own corporate logo (which you can design) which should be included on all the screens and the printed output.

Design and implement a working program using the design techniques you know.

Program 2
Bob also needs a program written that will allow staff to claim expenses.
Staff should be able to enter their start mileage and their final mileage from their cars and the program will calculate their allowance depending on the engine size of their car as follows:
<1.1L 45p per mile
1.2 to 1.4 55p per mile
1.5 to 1.7 60p per mile
1.8+ 70p per mile
Alternatively they can add in the amount of their public transport costs.
Additional costs such as tolls and parking should also be included for users to enter the amounts as needed.
Staff can choose whether the money is refunded in cash, cheque or via their payslips (you do not need to link your program to the above payroll program)
A summary sheet with their name and payroll number should be included in your program.
Design and implement a working program using the design techniques you know.
roar558
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What programming language are you using?
lightman
Visual Basic
roar558
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How far, have you gotten so far, from what I can tell, the easiest way for the first question would be first ask how many employees are included the payroll, if this >= 35 then notify the manager in some way. then use this as a limit for the creation of arrays using a loop, the rest seems pretty straight forward.
lightman
I used an if statement for the first one but it is not working very well and i have not really started the second one. I have only done the design. I am going to try your way and use a loop
lightman
can you break it down a bit more simpler
roar558
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Here's a few pieces of code which is similar to what you are doing using loops to construct an array
staff=inputbox("Please enter the number of staff on the payroll")
counter=0
If staff>35 then
msgbox("some message")
End if
Do until counter=staff
counter=counter+1
name_array(counter)=inputbox("et c")
etc
Loop

Add the appropriate validation and there's your constructing arrays bit for each staff member done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?