The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Product/Industrial Design Undergrad interviews?

Are the deciding factors on whether you get an interview solely your AS grades and reference? Or is there some sort of way of sending your portfolio.

I don't think my grades at AS level are going to be amazing if I'm honest, and I'm worried that the admission officers will just scan though my application and see nothing of worth, then throw it in the bin and send a rejection letter.

The thing is, I've been told by numerous people that your Portfolio is more important than your grades, it's what shows you have potential; furthermore by the time I'm applying to university I think my portfolio will be really good - but if all they have to go by is your grades am I stuffed anyway?

Bit of a guess, but I could end up with:
Product Design: B
Maths: D
Physics: C
Chemistry E

I don't think I'll do any worse, but hopefully it'll be better...
So please enlighten me on whether its still possible to get a placement with dodgey grades!
_Collo
Are the deciding factors on whether you get an interview solely your AS grades and reference? Or is there some sort of way of sending your portfolio.

I don't think my grades at AS level are going to be amazing if I'm honest, and I'm worried that the admission officers will just scan though my application and see nothing of worth, then throw it in the bin and send a rejection letter.

The thing is, I've been told by numerous people that your Portfolio is more important than your grades, it's what shows you have potential; furthermore by the time I'm applying to university I think my portfolio will be really good - but if all they have to go by is your grades am I stuffed anyway?

Bit of a guess, but I could end up with:
Product Design: B
Maths: D
Physics: C
Chemistry E

I don't think I'll do any worse, but hopefully it'll be better...
So please enlighten me on whether its still possible to get a placement with dodgey grades!

It a place not a placement... And your personal statement is very important, but if your grades arent good enough you dont have much chance because the courses here are so oversubscribed.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Latest

Trending

Trending