The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

It depends on how many people will be accepted into the course for that year. If spaces are limited then your chances are slim. But just wait and see until results and ask your teachers for some advice.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
deathbeforeimmortality
It depends on how many people will be accepted into the course for that year. If spaces are limited then your chances are slim. But just wait and see until results and ask your teachers for some advice.

Thank you so much!!! Do the number of conditional offers that they give out exceed much than the real place? Or just a little more. In my school, 6 students were given conditional offer but only 3 students choose IC biochemistry as firm.
Reply 3
Haoan Wang
Thank you so much!!! Do the number of conditional offers that they give out exceed much than the real place? Or just a little more. In my school, 6 students were given conditional offer but only 3 students choose IC biochemistry as firm.

From what Ive heard there is almost no-chance of getting in without the grades, as they simply have too much applicants.
(thats what we were told at the interview - might not be 100% true)
Reply 4
freefrag
From what Ive heard there is almost no-chance of getting in without the grades, as they simply have too much applicants.
(thats what we were told at the interview - might not be 100% true)

THX SO MUCH!!!
What course are you doing?

Imperial college is pretty much a hub for applications, so if you don't meet your offer you are more than likely to be turned away
Haoan Wang
THX SO MUCH!!!

On overly positive reaction to bad news...?

Just go mental and secure an A in A-level Biology. You HAVE to. Imperial is one of the top unis in the country, and you had to get through a lot of REALLY high-quality competition just to get the offer in the first place. If you don't meet their offer I wouldn't expect them to be forgiving. In fact, I'd say your chances of getting in if you've missed your offer are too small to be worth considering.

Get that A.
Reply 7
Haoan Wang
Are there any possibilities..

Try very very hard for any remaining work you have and don't give up.

On the day of your results, if there are any uncertainties, phone the department.
Reply 8
I don't know anyone here who got in that did not achieve the grades required of them for the offer.

But don't give up. On results day if you are only slightly off give them a call and ask.

A friend of mine missed his grades and Nottingham still gave him his place, same with another friend now at Cambridge, so it is not unheard of.
Reply 9
innerhollow
On overly positive reaction to bad news...?

Just go mental and secure an A in A-level Biology. You HAVE to. Imperial is one of the top unis in the country, and you had to get through a lot of REALLY high-quality competition just to get the offer in the first place. If you don't meet their offer I wouldn't expect them to be forgiving. In fact, I'd say your chances of getting in if you've missed your offer are too small to be worth considering.

Get that A.

Thank you so much. I will try my best. My insurance choice in UCL. Is UCL as good as IMPERIAL COLLEGE? What do you think?
Reply 10
Haoan Wang
Thank you so much. I will try my best. My insurance choice in UCL. Is UCL as good as IMPERIAL COLLEGE? What do you think?

By putting Imperial down as your firm and UCL as your insurance, I believe you already know the answer to your question.

Aim high and try to get into your first choice. :smile:
Reply 11
wang haoan!!!ni hao gao xiao a...
why are you using your real name??
and i'm also worrying about my conditions....
Reply 12
laurasisi
wang haoan!!!ni hao gao xiao a...
why are you using your real name??
and i'm also worrying about my conditions....

Who are you? I can not change my name!!! I want to change it!!!
Reply 13
Haoan Wang
Who are you? I can not change my name!!! I want to change it!!!

you can read my previous thread and guess who i am...
Reply 14
laurasisi
you can read my previous thread and guess who i am...

I think you are Kera. Am I right? Please do not tell any bodyelse I posting this thread! It is humiliated!
Reply 15
Haoan Wang
I think you are Kera. Am I right? Please do not tell any bodyelse I posting this thread! It is humiliated!

haha..you're right
i'm sorry but i've already told someone..:frown:
Reply 16
laurasisi
haha..you're right
i'm sorry but i've already told someone..:frown:

Then tell them not to tell anyone else!!!!!!!!
Whao have you told?
Reply 17
Haoan Wang
Then tell them not to tell anyone else!!!!!!!!
Whao have you told?

heh sorry, but what's humiliating about worrying about getting into one of the world's top unis?
Reply 18
freefrag
heh sorry, but what's humiliating about worrying about getting into one of the world's top unis?

Of course it is not humiliating. The girl that I send this message to is my schoolmate. They all knew that I have got the conditioanl of from IC and do did most of them. It seemed easy for them to meet the condition but it is not easy for me.
Reply 19
Haoan Wang
Of course it is not humiliating. The girl that I send this message to is my schoolmate. They all knew that I have got the conditioanl of from IC and do did most of them. It seemed easy for them to meet the condition but it is not easy for me.

haoxiao...
its not easy for me either!

Latest

Trending

Trending