Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, would you donate sperm? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As you might remember, a few years ago the laws surrounding this practice changed and reduced the father's rights to anonymity, but there are still ways to get it done. I know you all love the Daily Mail so here's an article about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ons-asked.html

Has anyone considered selling their sperm? I've thought about it before, because I would be pleased to spread my fantastic genes far and wide. My main reason for not doing it is that I would want to carefully select worthy partners, including an investigation of their and their family's history of disease, attractiveness, physical and mental abilities, and so on.

wut about u?//

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about this the other week on whether I would do it. But now that the anonymous aspect has pretty much been removed, I probably wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    What would I be getting in return? An egg? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Only for research purposes, where an offspring wouldn't result.

ReputationRep:
    If it was anonymous yes, under current law no. Which I can imagine would be a majority response tbh.

ReputationRep:
    No ******* way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Only for research purposes, where an offspring wouldn't result.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I would have no problem donating if I could remain anonymous, removing that option was ridiculous. It's not that I couldn't deal with meeting someone that I had helped create, but they would be coming to me with so much expectation that I could never live up to as I wouldn't feel any link or responsibility, to me they would just be another Johnny Average on the street. To do that to someone would be unfair I think.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I chose the couple to whom it would go to, who then never contact me again.

ReputationRep:
    I'd donate sperm to your mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ste0731)
    If it was anonymous yes, under current law no. Which I can imagine would be a majority response tbh.
    Exactly, and isn't there now a chronic shortage of sperm donars in the UK because of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    Exactly, and isn't there now a chronic shortage of sperm donars in the UK because of this
    Yeh there was a show on BBC not long ago, in which they got like 50+ people to donate in a day by just having a booth in middle of town as they could all remain anonymous. Yet the government are struggling, simple step to fix it. :rolleyes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I donate it to females on nights out.

Thats enough tbh, makes me feel good for giving =]

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. I do not want to pollute the gene pool more.

ReputationRep:
    No. I couldn't bare the thought of having a child I don't know about.

ReputationRep:
    With permanent and uncompromisable anonymity yes, because I think my super human genes are worth saving.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd definitely consider it.. even if the child did take the time to find out who I was, it's not like I'd owe them any of my time or money.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.