Today's AQA Business Studies. How did everyone find it? Watch

Duckzilla
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I found it quite easy, but I was surprised to see the SWOT analysis question in there
Groat
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Duckzilla)
I found it quite easy, but I was surprised to see the SWOT analysis question in there
I had a mind-blank with SWOT, thought O and T were Opposition and Target market. However, I luckily covered and analysed opportunities and threads throughout the question, so shouldn't really lose too many marks.

I wasn't so sure about the question why Break-Even calculation wasn't useful for Dave?

Also, Just in Time was a great question! You could get context in with saying wood isn't very perishable so JiT isn't necessary, etc.

What do you think?
SM94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
I had a mind-blank with SWOT, thought O and T were Opposition and Target market. However, I luckily covered and analysed opportunities and threads throughout the question, so shouldn't really lose too many marks.

I wasn't so sure about the question why Break-Even calculation wasn't useful for Dave?

Also, Just in Time was a great question! You could get context in with saying wood isn't very perishable so JiT isn't necessary, etc.

What do you think?
Same found it not too bad, question about why break-even calculation was a bit like ":confused:" to me lol, can't remember what i put.
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by Groat)

What do you think?
It's because break-even assumes that every product is going to be sold, which may not be the case. It can give idealistic and sometimes unrealistic projections. (That's the gist of what I put for the answer).
Groat
Report 8 years ago
It's because break-even assumes that every product is going to be sold, which may not be the case. It can give idealistic and sometimes unrealistic projections. (That's the gist of what I put for the answer).
Not really sure what you're talking about assumptions of not all products being sold, it's not really a forecast - it's the number of units he has to sell . . .
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by Groat)
Not really sure what you're talking about assumptions of not all products being sold, it's not really a forecast - it's the number of units he has to sell . . .
It also shows how much money he has to make to break even or get into the margin of safety. If not every product is sold, then he won't reach his time projection of breaking even.
SM94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How much do you guys reckon you needed for an A in that? and overall? i'm not too sure how marking in business studies works
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by SM94)
How much do you guys reckon you needed for an A in that? and overall? i'm not too sure how marking in business studies works
Last year it was about 71% for an A* in raw marks, so probably around 63% for an A.
SM94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ok thanks duckzilla, hoping for an A and didn't find that too hard so hopefully on course for it, got 2 more exams though need to make sure i'm fully prepared for them!
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by jerome1994)
What were the definitions again? Reply, thanks
The definitions of what?
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by jerome1994)
Question 1 (a/b/c/d) what were the answers to the definitions, want to know that I was right...
You must have done a different paper to me, my first question was about a sole trader and business aims.
SM94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah it was probably a different paper, mine was the same as Duckzilla and there was no definitions at the start.
Groat
Report 8 years ago
Do you like how QWC marks are attributed to one answer now?

Also, did you suggest Dave should start his business? I went for no he shouldn't
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by Groat)
Do you like how QWC marks are attributed to one answer now?

Also, did you suggest Dave should start his business? I went for no he shouldn't
Yeah, question 8 for QWC :cool:

That's what I said too, I said he shouldn't start the business and referred the the case studies in the data to back me up
SM94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I also put no, but it doesn't make a difference what you put as long as you justify your decision
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by SM94)
I also put no, but it doesn't make a difference what you put as long as you justify your decision
Did you get 30 for the break-even question?
SM94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Did you get 30 for the break-even question?
Yep
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by SM94)
Yep
Yay
Groat
Report 8 years ago
Yay
I was quite disappointed the break-even question was only 4 marks, they normally don't give you the formula and it's an 8 mark question.

At least they added the 6 mark question about fixed/variable costs = cha-ching!
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
(Original post by Groat)
I was quite disappointed the break-even question was only 4 marks, they normally don't give you the formula and it's an 8 mark question.

At least they added the 6 mark question about fixed/variable costs = cha-ching!
I was disappointed that they didn't ask any formulas at all, I had them all ready to use! It was unusual for the acid test not to come up. I liked the fixed and variable costs question, six free marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?