Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know a good website with some problem questions? Would he really helpful if someone's got some notes already word processed and wouldn't mind posting them up. I just want to know I've got all the grounds covered.

Thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alchemy647)
    Anyone know a good website with some problem questions? Would he really helpful if someone's got some notes already word processed and wouldn't mind posting them up. I just want to know I've got all the grounds covered.

Thanks very much.
    Not sure about too many sites but sixthformlaw is good for cases.

As a guide, and the minimum I think you should do to get a decent grade is, know the definitions of:

Common Assault - The D makes the V apprehend immediate personal violence - Smith 1983
    Battery - The D applies physical force to the D and any touching will do - Collins v. Wilcock
    ABH (s47 OAPA 1861) - Any hurt or injury calculated to interfere with the health and comfort of the victim and more than transient and trifiling - Donovan
    GBH s20 OAPA 1861 - Smith 1960 - Really serious harm. GBH Wounding - Eisenhower - Wounding - A wound is a break in the continuity of the whole skin
    GBH with intent s18 OAPA 1861 - You intend to cause serious harm (Smith/Saunders)

The mens rea for ABH and GBH is to intend or be reckless of 'some harm' (Mowatt / Savage & Parmenter)

Common assault and battery are common law offences although their existence is recognised in s39 of the Criminal Justice Act (Can't remember what year!) Hope that helps - let me know if you want more help, its revision for me for the exam on 17th June

ReputationRep:
    Shazada, thanks for the reply. I think I've got those areas covered.

The only thing I noticed was your MR for ABH which should be intention/subjective recklessness as to causing the victim to apprehend immediate physical violence (the same as assault).

Don't suppose you have any problem questions knocking about?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.