Turn on thread page Beta

One night stand - facebook? watch

Slightly idiotic question, but just looking for some opinions really.

I met a guy in a club last night, went home with him and stuff obviously happened. He's at my uni, but I made a dash for it this morning because we both had lectures. I'm not naive and know that usually, nothing would come of this but I did genuinely like him as a person and it was a good night both before and after we left. Obviously it's highly likely he just saw it as a bit of fun (though he did seem like a decent guy - not the usual 'type') but other than that, I have no idea.

I've just managed to find him on facebook but we only have one mutual friend so am slightly wary about adding him. Firstly, I'm not sure whether I should even bother in the first place and then even if I do, it'll be obvious I've searched him due to the above.

I dunno, opinions? I don't want to look like some crazy stalking weirdo, but at the same time I'm slightly curious..

ReputationRep:
    Go for it
    why not ?

ReputationRep:
    At first I was going to say NO don't do it!!

But if you do add him, what's the worst that could happen! Just go for it and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Well if the deeds been done, add him. Speak to him and see what his views are, he may be wanting something longer term and your in luck. Or he may just want fun, which is then your choice.

Just don't let him string you along saying "ill want a relationship eventually" so you keep interested and still meet him

No harm in adding him though

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for it. He's probably thinking you regret it or dont wanna know him since you made a dash this morning so he may not try contacting you, even if he does like you. You've got nothing to lose.

ReputationRep:
    So out of the few facebook friends you have, you only have 1 friend in common? Big deal..

ReputationRep:
    Adding somebody on facebook is so much harder to do than having sex with them :yep:

Hmm, I'm thinking about doing it in a few days maybe. I know, it's ironic that we've slept together yet I feel more anxious about adding him on facebook but it's just gonna be embarrassing if he never wanted to see me/speak to me again, you know? There's also the fact that as I said, it's obvious I've purposefully searched for him, which doesn't look too cool.

Was also contemplating messaging him instead, but then i don't know what i'd say. Usually I'd just leave it, but he does really seem my type and whilst I know nothing will probably come of it, there's always a slim chance I guess. Also, in all honesty, I'd quite like to let him see that I am a normal, nice girl (he seems a normal, nice guy) - which is quite contrary to how we behaved last night!

ReputationRep:
    never get in a relationship with people you meet at clubs.

ReputationRep:
    What you are you at...

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, you say he doesn't seem like you average guy but he had a one night stand with you, so how many others do you think he has with?

anyway, it depends on what you want from him, if adding him and not getting what you want will hurt then save yourself the pain as that is the risk, but obviously you may get what you want in which case its worth it, i guess you got to decide is he wortht he risk?

could you not just meet him again clubbing if you go the same uni?

ReputationRep:
    May as well, like you said, there is a chance something could come from it, and at worst he doesn't accpet you or does then he doesn't talk to you - at least you'll know.

ReputationRep:
    if this guy has any brain cells, he will not get in a relationship with a girl he met at a club and banged the same night. He'll be thinking '**** buddy' status or slut status.

ReputationRep:
    Did you swap numbers?
    How do you think you would act if you saw each other again?

If you think you would talk to each other and be friendly then add him.
    If you think you would feel awkward and avoid each other, then don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not naive and know that usually, nothing would come of this but I did genuinely like him as a person and it was a good night both before and after we left.
    Ah... infamous last words. This is EXACTLY what I said after my last one night stand... who I've been with for 6 months now. Add him, the worst that can happen (realistically) is that he ignores your add.

ReputationRep:
    I know its easy to say ( I had trouble adding people as well.... kinda similar situation without the sex)

go for it!

Haha, thanks guys.

I've sort of decided that I'm gonna send him a message instead. Basically just to say hey and thanks for the other night, because it'll be easier to judge a reaction that way. No point just blindly adding him because then one of us still has to speak first and that could be awkwarddd. Worst that can happen is that he can ignore the message, I guess. Because of where he lives, it's highly likely that I could bump into him anyway.

Any ideas of what I could actually say? Obviously don't want to come across as though I'm desperate for a relationship (I'm really not!) but equally want to make it clear I'm not a **** (I do think he knows this anyway - please save any sarcastic comments) and don't just want to say 'see you around'.

Ahh, this is so awkward. Cheers for all the input though.

ReputationRep:
    What Uni are you at? I may know or even be this young man haha

ReputationRep:
    add him

ReputationRep:
    Sure add him. And why stop there?? Whilst your at it you may aswell ask him to be the father of your first child , hand in marriage maybe?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.