The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
2 2776
Isn't flying the safest form of transport? I read it somewhere...

yes it is, i cant see why anyone would be afraid to fly, its so much FUN.......! when i was little i would flap my arms and go wacky and crazy during liftoff.......

people would point and laugh at me, but then i was about 3....i was a cutie :biggrin:
Reply 21
im flying over the atlantic on tuesday... pretty high risk vis-a-vis terrorism :eek:
I think we're flying off subject now (dodgy pun unintended). As for my avatar, its my flashy home made job, it took me ages.

Back to the subject...

Planes are a safe form of transport, safety and working checks have to be much more stringent than in any other form of transport (especially beagle 2!) and the only reason they have a bad rep is that one mistake is much more costly in terms of life than a car accident or been knocked over by an old man on a bicycle.
Reply 23
edders
im flying over the atlantic on tuesday... pretty high risk vis-a-vis terrorism :eek:

Hey I'm taking that flight too... and packing uranium bombs and AK47s... don't worry about a thing!
2 2776
Isn't flying the safest form of transport? I read it somewhere...

Statistics conclude (excluding terrorism) that in order to be due for an air accident you would have to fly round the circumference of the planet (25000 miles) 160000 times, thats 4,000,000,000 miles before you have an accident. I guess the terrorists didnt read the stats......
ZJuwelH
Hey I'm taking that flight too... and packing uranium bombs and AK47s... don't worry about a thing!

Intelligence agencies monitor sites for comments like that....
Reply 26
i always think when im in a plane "there is only about a foot between me and the outside elements. its ridiculous but i get it every time.

what i dont like is that they say its the safest method of transport but its one that when it does go wrong its 98% likely you will die, car crashes etc ppl walk away, very rarely will you get out of a plane crash alive...
what i dont like is that they say its the safest method of transport but its one that when it does go wrong its 98% likely you will die, car crashes etc ppl walk away, very rarely will you get out of a plane crash alive...

hmm...i think i agree
Reply 28
i feel fine flying. after all - red bull give you wings! :biggrin:
Reply 29
Dickie
i feel fine flying. after all - red bull give you wings! :biggrin:

LOL
Reply 30
It makes me laugh how the airlines give you all the demos about what to do in an emergency however we all know that if something goes wrong at 35,000 feet the chances are you are up the creek without a certain instrument.
Mark_KK
It makes me laugh how the airlines give you all the demos about what to do in an emergency however we all know that if something goes wrong at 35,000 feet the chances are you are up the creek without a certain instrument.

But I think there have been major plane crashes where people have survived, haven't there?
Reply 32
Alexander
But I think there have been major plane crashes where people have survived, haven't there?

there have been a few.
Reply 33
I like flying. Have only done so a couple of times but would be happy to do so more.

I'd enjoy taking a lot of long flights- getting to watch films etc (before/during being out in the cinema), the views etc.
Reply 34
you can buy a Mig on the 'net somewhere for ~£25000

I'd feel very safe in one of them :biggrin:

or in one of these:
http://www.army.mod.uk/armyaircorps/apache.htm

Latest

Trending

Trending