Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, im looking into doing a 3 year degree in broadcast journalism at hudd uni. i have a few friends whcih attend here and am looking into applying as a mature student (im 22.)

The thing that confuses me is that the entry criteria is 280 points but i have only got AS levels from school. i do however have 5 years experience working in media in central london.

Any advice would be great as i really really want to do this course.

Cheers
    Tony
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Call them, explain, and they will advise you.

Anything here is conjecture and/or, at best, anecdotal.

/

ReputationRep:
    What's Hudd?

Hull?

ReputationRep:
    also does anyone know what the facillities and teaching is like at the uni itself? ive heard that they have one of the best journalism courses going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    What's Hudd?

Hull?
    huddersfield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonym1988)
    also does anyone know what the facillities and teaching is like at the uni itself? ive heard that they have one of the best journalism courses going.
    The facilities are pretty awesome. I've just finished doing Public Relations in the Journalism & Media school there (unfortunately my degree doesn't exist any more) but they spent just under £1m on renovating their TV and radio studios last summer so they've got some pretty good stuff.

Alot of the staff are good people. http://www2.hud.ac.uk/mhm/media/staff.php has the admissions tutor's contact details on it. Give him a call and see what advice he can give you.

Hope that helps a litte?

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.