This discussion is closed.
josh.edwards
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
can somebody please explain to me how salt glands in marine animals use active transport because i'm very confused! where is the substance moving from a low to high concentration. is it moving from the body which is a very low concentration to the salt gland which is a very high concentration?

thanks!
kate1212
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
These animals take in a lot of salt due to the fact they are living in salty water. They take in so much salt that their kidnies can not deal with it. To solve this they store the salt in salt glands. However, these glands soon get very salty, saltier than the surrounding body so active transport is needed to move it in to the glands because it needs to go AGAINST the concentration gradient.
I have this exam tomorrow too Hope that helped!
kate1212
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by josh.edwards)
can somebody please explain to me how salt glands in marine animals use active transport because i'm very confused! where is the substance moving from a low to high concentration. is it moving from the body which is a very low concentration to the salt gland which is a very high concentration?

thanks!
I forgot to quote - my answer to your question is above
josh.edwards
Rep:
?
(Original post by kate1212)
thank you so much and good luck!
xmemebabesx
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
These animals take in a lot of salt due to the fact they are living in salty water. They take in so much salt that their kidnies can not deal with it. To solve this they store the salt in salt glands. However, these glands soon get very salty, saltier than the surrounding body so active transport is needed to move it in to the glands because it needs to go AGAINST the concentration gradient.
I have this exam tomorrow too Hope that helped!
sameeee i have this bio exam 2mro!!! freakin out!! im tellin u now!hah
josh.edwards
Rep:
?
i don't know if you can help me with one more thing. have you done about contractile vacuoles? do they use osmosis to gain water from the cytoplasm, because my book says active transport, but i'm sure that's wrong.

thanks!
kate1212
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i don't know if you can help me with one more thing. have you done about contractile vacuoles? do they use osmosis to gain water from the cytoplasm, because my book says active transport, but i'm sure that's wrong.

thanks!
Sorry! It's a bit late now - exam's over but I didn't know about that anyway "/.
Cem the Papi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

thanks!
I hate my life aswell
Keiroo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keiroooooooooooooo!
Keiroo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cem the Papi)
I hate my life aswell
thanks so much it really helped me with my hwk. soz i cant write more coz my curry is getting cold
Cem the Papi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Keiroo)
Keiroooooooooooooo!
I am a man but i am looking for a elderly guy to make me feel happy
Keiroo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
u look fitttt im a good age for u
Spoiler:
Show

CemTheCommunist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi we have the same name!
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This thread was started in 2010! Will close it now

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads