The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM1 Fri 21 May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Master.K
Make a complaint please, I am. Also PLEASE make a facebook protest!:biggrin:
I will defo join and get my friends to aswell! :awesome:

can you make the facebook thing, I'm not very good with facebook lol but ye make it and then post it here I can get atleast 200 people joining it !!!!!!!!

TIME TO RISE AGAINST AQA AND THEY'RE PATHETIC POETIC QUESTIONS !!!!!

WE WANT CHEMISTRY PAPERS NOT POETRY PAPERS WITH THEY'RE RETARDED QUESTIONS PAPERS FROM 1995 WERE EASIER THEN THIS...
Scrubby
Are you guys serious? This was a very nice easy exam compared to ******* Biology. Biology questions don't relate to the syllabus at all. Everything in the Chemistry exam was in the book. If you didn't learn it, it's your fault. Stop whining. There was nothing on that paper that wasn't in the syllabus or in other papers or couldn't be worked out with some common sense. There were a few hard questions sure but it's all related to the syllabus. Unlike Biology which is completely random and impossible to decipher. their answers are very ambiguous and I can never work out what they're asking. With Chemistry I can always work out what they're asking me to do.

This is what I think. CaO is basic SO2 is acidic therefore they neutralise. I thought this was OK.
Reply 422
Scrubby
Are you guys serious? This was a very nice easy exam compared to ******* Biology. Biology questions don't relate to the syllabus at all. Everything in the Chemistry exam was in the book. If you didn't learn it, it's your fault. Stop whining. There was nothing on that paper that wasn't in the syllabus or in other papers or couldn't be worked out with some common sense. There were a few hard questions sure but it's all related to the syllabus. Unlike Biology which is completely random and impossible to decipher. their answers are very ambiguous and I can never work out what they're asking. With Chemistry I can always work out what they're asking me to do.

Congratulations but the majority disagree with you so su..

ALL FORWARD FOR FB GROUP !
Myth717
Congratulations but the majority disagree with you so su..

ALL FORWARD FOR FB GROUP !

Yes please. :sexface:
Reply 424
Master.K
Yes please. :sexface:

Can u make it then ?
Yeah, I didn't think it was that bad in terms of How Science Works.....tbh, I can't wait for the Biology exam :|

I wonder what Unit 2 will be like in terms of HSW questions....I can't think of any topics that involve HSW :s Then again, I haven't gone over Unit 2 in quite a while so I've forgotten quite a few things...
Reply 426
Bump !!!!!!
Reply 427
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125380704147538&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=125380704147538

Join if you want ^^
Reply 428
Reck16
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125380704147538&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=125380704147538

Join if you want ^^

thx mate
i know this is kinda late, but you know the question where you had to state the element with the highest ionization energy in period 2
well because im an idiot, and didnt look at the periodic table properly
and also because AQA are just a bunch of tricksters,
i looked at period 3 and wrote argon =(....will i get at least 1 mark?

I know its only 1 mark...but after reading this thread i realized i lost SOO many marks, so every little helps...
hialiya
i know this is kinda late, but you know the question where you had to state the element with the highest ionization energy in period 2
well because im an idiot, and didnt look at the periodic table properly
and also because AQA are just a bunch of tricksters,
i looked at period 3 and wrote argon =(....will i get at least 1 mark?

I know its only 1 mark...but after reading this thread i realized i lost SOO many marks, so every little helps...

If I remember correctly, that question was only for 1 mark. So putting Argon wouldn't give you the mark :frown:
Unknown-User
If I remember correctly, that question was only for 1 mark. So putting Argon wouldn't give you the mark :frown:

noo i remember it said write the element
then underneath it said write the electronic configuration
=\

i neeeeeeeeed that mark!
....and are you sure that on the first page the intermolecular force was dipole dipole, i put van der waals ¬¬
hialiya
noo i remember it said write the element
then underneath it said write the electronic configuration
=\

i neeeeeeeeed that mark!
....and are you sure that on the first page the intermolecular force was dipole dipole, i put van der waals ¬¬

Well if it was 2 marks (1 for the element, 1 for the electron config.) and you put the wrong element + electron configuration Argon, you wouldn't get the 2 marks right?

Sorry, I can't remember the paper too well, but if the electron configuration was for that same elemen (Neon), and you put the electron configuration for Argon, then you would have lost both marks.

The forces mark on the first page is one i'm not sure of. I need to ask my teacher to see if there is definetely a permanent dipole, in which case it should be Dipole-Dipole forces, as they are slightly stronger than VDW.
Unknown-User
Well if it was 2 marks (1 for the element, 1 for the electron config.) and you put the wrong element + electron configuration Argon, you wouldn't get the 2 marks right?

Sorry, I can't remember the paper too well, but if the electron configuration was for that same elemen (Neon), and you put the electron configuration for Argon, then you would have lost both marks.

The forces mark on the first page is one i'm not sure of. I need to ask my teacher to see if there is definetely a permanent dipole, in which case it should be Dipole-Dipole forces, as they are slightly stronger than VDW.

Nah i know i wouldn't get both, im just trying to secure one
lol
i don't actually know why, i've already decided i'm resitting...

but anyways thanks :smile:

unit 2 is going to be death...
hialiya
Nah i know i wouldn't get both, im just trying to secure one
lol
i don't actually know why, i've already decided i'm resitting...

but anyways thanks :smile:

unit 2 is going to be death...

Lol I think the grade boundaries will be ~52/53 this year for an A, maybe even lower. It was definetely harder than Jan 2010/Jan 09, so at least there's a positive in that :smile:

Yeah, I hate Unit 2 for all subjects tbh :p:

I guess half term is going to be packed with revision :frown:
Unknown-User
Lol I think the grade boundaries will be ~52/53 this year for an A, maybe even lower. It was definetely harder than Jan 2010/Jan 09, so at least there's a positive in that :smile:

Yeah, I hate Unit 2 for all subjects tbh :p:

I guess half term is going to be packed with revision :frown:

i knoooooow! Biology unit 2 is never ending!
and i havn't even finished bio unit 1 lols

Well best of luck to yaa ..and everyone else :smile:
Reck16

Join if you want ^^

Thanks, also could you put AQA on the title so everybody know's it's AQA and not any other board.
Scrubby

The paper wasn't necessarily hard but people found it hard because there were tricks in it but I will agree that all the answers to the questions could have been given easily. It's just that there were a lot of twists in it and I don't think the people who have been complaining haven't actually revised. I'm sure they have including myself. I just happened to have fallen for all the traps. At least in biology it relates more to common sense whether I know what they are asking for or not rather than falling for traps which is what happened in this chemistry paper. I don't think any of us expected it.
t3h_y0u553f
I was expecting to get high 60s. But i can already count like 7 marks i've lost. Just two more things.

Do you reckon they will accept 'molecular crystal' for Iodine instead of 'simple molecular'.

And on the first page I wrote Cl2 + 3F2 - 2ClF3 someone was saying that in the question we have to use one mole of fluorine or something is that true?

depends on who marks it, most will give you it but some will just be mean and mark it wrong

and that'd be wrong, it wanted 1 molecule of ClF3 from molecules of chlorine and fluorine, so its half a Cl2 + 1 and a half F2 -> ClF3
Reply 439
Master.K
Thanks, also could you put AQA on the title so everybody know's it's AQA and not any other board.

I don't think I can put it in the title, It's too long, I've put it in description though. If anyone thinks of a better title, with AQA in it and that isn't too long (ie not any longer that the existing title) let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest