Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone use thier connexions cards?? And woudl you say they are any good?

ReputationRep:
    They're great for looking like a NUS card, so you get all the student discounts you need an NUS card for, and as I live in Cambridge, there are loads of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Two Tone)
    They're great for looking like a NUS card, so you get all the student discounts you need an NUS card for, and as I live in Cambridge, there are loads of them!
    Most shops won't accept anything other than an NUS card for discounts though. It's very annoying! Only Topshop seem to take it

ReputationRep:
    me being stupid.. whats a NUS card??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Most shops won't accept anything other than an NUS card for discounts though. It's very annoying! Only Topshop seem to take it
    You just flash it at them, and most of the time they don't bother looking at it properly. The Uni students are always losing theirs, so you can often blag it without any cards at all!

ReputationRep:
    i use mine as a very effective fake id...(although i am not condoning the use of fake identities in any way)

bloke came to our school to take the pictures and just asked "date of birth" most people said '87 instead of '88, school dnt even notice.

But they do give you some good offers, i use mine for discounts and cinemas and most shops and the points you earn can get you some quite cool freebies..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    fluff[/s].]i use mine as a very effective fake id...(although i am not condoning the use of fake identities in any way)

bloke came to our school to take the pictures and just asked "date of birth" most people said '87 instead of '88, school dnt even notice.
    Some people tried it, but our Head of Year checked all the dates anyway, so that didn't work. Some people did try to change the dates by scraching them off and putting new ones in, but I never knew anybody getting away with it

ReputationRep:
    ours didnt get checked, just given to us in the envelope they arrived in, obviously our head of year was slightly niave...

ReputationRep:
    what does the NUS stand for??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainy_skye)
    what does the NUS stand for??
    National Union of Students. Their website is here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Two Tone)
    National Union of Students. Their website is here
    ooo okay thanx

ReputationRep:
    Ive allways thought the 'rewards' offered by connexions are awful though, when I actually bothered to log in to the site, all the offers were 'buy 12 lessons get 2 free' with BSM, win a Nokia mobile etc...no actual decent offers

As someone has said, the card does get you 10% off in Topman/Topshop though

ReputationRep:
    I got Microsoft Office 2003 as a Connexions card reward. Best Reward Ever.

ReputationRep:
    I tried getting an NUS card the other day from the site, but I cant find anywhere to download an Associate Card as my college doesnt have a Student Union :hmpf:
    Connexions Card - I was going to get an application form today, but I forgot. You can go to Connexions and get them to do all the crap that goes with it before you start college.

well i rarely use my connexions card, although have been known to use it with some deals on teh website... i mostly use it when i am out shopping... you can get 10% discount in many shops, if you check out the connexions card website then you can find out where you can use them to get your 10% discount

ReputationRep:
    I used my connexions card all the time in topshop, but i lost my purse at the wkend and it was in it...along with my driving license ...so can I order a new connexions card?

ReputationRep:
    I used the points. stupid system but hey.. you can take advantage of it. I've made £50 at least from selling the random stuff you can get for free from their website.

(Original post by sokas)
    I used my connexions card all the time in topshop, but i lost my purse at the wkend and it was in it...along with my driving license ...so can I order a new connexions card?
    yes you can apply for a new connexions card, at your school/college there will be some application forms, alternatively you can go onto the website and apply for a new card. i assume it is free although you will need to supply them with a picture

ReputationRep:
    i had loads of points but for some reason i cant log in, i dont think i forgot my password and when i email them they dont reply, does the card expire?

(Original post by james101)
    i had loads of points but for some reason i cant log in, i dont think i forgot my password and when i email them they dont reply, does the card expire?
    yes the card does expire. although i know people have had problems with logging onto the system. firstly make sure your date of birth is correct on the card and if not use what is entered on teh card... also when entering your card number make sure you don't put in spaces. on the front of the card below the picture and the pass hologram there should be an expiry date. if you still have problems phone the number on the connexions card website

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.