Sunderland Uni 2010! Watch

nmclaughlin762
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey! Im apllying to do Public Relations with Journalism for Sept 2010! :cool:
Just thought id set up a thread to hear about Sunderland, the nightlife, the accomodation? Anything advice really!:eek3:

And anyone whos going to Sunderland aswell, leave a comment! :woo: :yep:
1christopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ooh didn't realise you could combine those!

I'm just doing Magazine Journalism

Sunderland seemed fairly nice, got a river and beach, and the city centre weren't too bad..

not sure on nightlife, i don't get out much haha!
Bluebird1927
Report 8 years ago
you heard anything back from accomodation ?
1christopher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
had this back -

Dear Student

Thank you for your recent application for accommodation. University accommodation will be allocated for you but your accommodation contract will not be sent to you until your offer becomes Unconditional Firm (i.e. you have met the conditions of the offer). If you have applied through UCAS we will be informed when you reach this status and your contract will be sent out automatically.

If you have applied to Sunderland directly then you will need to inform the admissions team at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected] .uk> when the conditions of your offer have been fulfilled.

In the meantime we would suggest you continue to visit the Residential Services Home Page <http://sunderland.ac.uk/residentialservices> - and in particular the ‘What’s New’ page as this is where we post all of our most recent information.

Regards
rlnixon
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nmclaughlin762)
Hey! Im apllying to do Public Relations with Journalism for Sept 2010! :cool:
Just thought id set up a thread to hear about Sunderland, the nightlife, the accomodation? Anything advice really!:eek3:

And anyone whos going to Sunderland aswell, leave a comment! :woo: :yep:
glad to have more irish in the city ha think i've got a soft spot for them! I wouldn't say its the best nightlife.. but its a student-orientated city . I've applied to 2010 x
nmclaughlin762
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Haha bring on the irish! =D

Do you think you'll definatly go to sunderland ? I'm still waiting to hear but i hope i get in! x
rlnixon
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nmclaughlin762)
Haha bring on the irish! =D

Do you think you'll definatly go to sunderland ? I'm still waiting to hear but i hope i get in! x
Ha my granddad's Irish .

Yeh well its my firm choice but its conditional.. so hopefully.
Are you still waiting for an offer? x
1christopher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what course are you doing rlnixon? x
rlnixon
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 1christopher)
what course are you doing rlnixon? x
English and creative writing u?x
1christopher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Magazine Journalism... im guessing you'll be at the one in town then? x
rlnixon
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 1christopher)
Magazine Journalism... im guessing you'll be at the one in town then? x
Ah one of my good friends has just finished her 1st year doing that . Yeah i'm based at the priestman building. x
Syrokal
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Night life is top class, Sunderland is really well placed, with big shopping cities like Newcastle(the metro center) a metro ride away, also huge Cultural spots like Gateshead and Durham are easily acessible, sunderland itself is fine and theres no shortage of things to get up to, the facilities are pretty good.

The accomodation..well, its accomodation aint it?
Youll probably end up moving out on your second year to rented buildings.
Caer am Byth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Accomodation isn't horrific really. Panns is known for being the best though, next to the river and close to town, as well as the flats being bigger and generally nicer. The rest aren't too bad though, and they're building a bar next to The Forge for September too.

Nightlife's decent - Monday's cheapest, especially in Independent for £5 in (40p singles, 80p doubles, 50p Sambuca, 60p Jagerbombs etc). I tend to have stuck to Independent on a Monday for a while now despite it's dingy nature, though I recall The Point being reasonable, but slightly chavvy and more expensive. Wednesday's tend to be good in BluBambu...£1 shots and 50p Carlsberg's, £2 entry with a student card too. Good mix of music, with standard stuff downstairs, and rock upstairs. Passion's rock night on a Thursday is good if that's your thing, too. Diva also seems to have something going for it on a Thursday too, but I've only been in once.
tasha kimberly :)
Report 8 years ago

hey
im going to sunderland 2010 =)
Corkchick20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey im Irish too...got a conditional offer for sunderland..so fingers crossed :-) us Irish are gonna invade the place lol
Hazard112
Report 8 years ago
Im going hopefully. Conditional Offer for Law. Put Pann's Bank as my accomadation first choice.
tasha kimberly :)
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hazard112)
Im going hopefully. Conditional Offer for Law. Put Pann's Bank as my accomadation first choice.
aha thats my first choice too
1christopher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what course?

x
Bluebird1927
Report 8 years ago
unconditional offer for sports journalism been accepted.

finance sorted and accomodation at clanny house sorted.

all getting a bit close now though haha!
sar21a
Report 8 years ago
i'm coming to sunderland on sept 2010!
to study tourism..!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1337)
79.68%
Leave (341)
20.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed