Push ups for core strength? Watch

ObiWan-KenobiNil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Im really lazy to do a full workout
and have this condition where i get too hot my skin starts to flare up. so i'm thinking of just doing push ups now and again

Will that build up most of my core strength over time?
AdaD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ObiWan-KenobiNil)
and have this condition where i get too hot my skin starts to flare up. so i'm thinking of just doing push ups now and again

It'll build a bit, but I assume it'll plateau eventually.

Bit like saying "I can't be f..ked to get higher paying job, will minimum wage do me for the rest of my life"!!

NB: I'm not saying that push ups are the minimum wage of exercise, they are in fact very good but you'll only get so far without doing other exercise.
dews1290
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yoga or pliates are awesome for building core strength.
Panorama
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Why don't you try swimming - no chance of getting hot.
Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're too lazy to exercise, what do you need core strength for?

I've very little time for people who come here saying they can't be arsed to do what they know is the best way for them to get fitter and then ask if some stupidly easy thing is alright instead.
Goodkat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you are too lazy to do any decent exercise, then there is very little improvement to be made by doing a few pushups.

You could always get off your backside and get a decent routine sorted out, that would actually make a difference to your core strength.
Witchita
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This thread can be removed by 1 simple phrase:

Squat you pussy
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1. CLean up your diet - that is where the bulk of your progress will be made

and have this condition where i get too hot my skin starts to flare up.
2. Exercise early in the morning or late in the evening when it's cooler, wear lightweight clothing, exercise at a low intensity, etc.

so i'm thinking of just doing push ups now and again

3. A very slow and ineffective way of developing core strength and/or getting a six pack (if it ever happens) - start eating and exercising properly.
maximusbarr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Push-ups do build up core strength, if you have your skin flaring up why not try swimming or yoga, they're also good.
Naigan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by maximusbarr)
Push-ups do build up core strength, if you have your skin flaring up why not try swimming or yoga, they're also good.
Lot's of things build up core strength. Whether it's significant or not is the issue, as is the case with push ups, where there are far more effective exercises.
LoRdShRaPnEl
Report 8 years ago
If you call your pecs and triceps your core then sure.
SMed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, pushups can actually build up okay abdominal strength, for a beginner. And just as pushups get easier, and you try to add weight to make them more effective, your ab strength will also increase.

So kids, can anyone tell me why pushups are also good for abs? I'll give you a clue. What other ab exercise do pushups look uncannily similar to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (517)
80.66%
Leave (124)
19.34%

Watched Threads