modified car insurers reccomendations.... Watch

jaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
right, as few oth you have modded cars on here I thought it's worth asking.

does anyone ahve any reccomendations on modified insurers?

I'm paying £460 on the soarer with around 400 bhp, fully comp, which I think is a bargain considering I have a years ncb, with all visual mods (half of which arent even done yet!) and a fully decat exhaust, intake, remap, plugs and fmic and oil coolers declared. Problem is that I'm changing cars between november and february, and in the meantime want to play with it. I have a single turbo kit good for 500bhp+ with all the associated work ready to go on, but the minute I put in 'bigger turbo' 'remap or engine chip' my insurers go mad and I've not been able to get any quotes, mainly due to age and lack of ncb.

The same companies however will insure me on the v8 beasty I'm going for next for £700. It's illogical and annoying!

so, does anyone have any reccomendadtions? the usuals, flux, footman, etc etc have been unhelpful as.. (always have been for me) plus hopefully will come to help more who are shopping about in the future!
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sureterm

Chris Knott <---- Good!

Sky Insurance

Performance Direct Insurance

These are the ones I tried when getting the S. Eventually it was cheaper to swap the Seat insurance over and start a new policy with Chris Knott in October. But Chris Knott is very, very good.
Walter Ego
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A Plan
Greenlight
Bell Direct
Keith Michaels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads