Turn on thread page Beta

Summer Overseas Job/Voluntary Work watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i was originally going to go to sri lanka this summer but that's now fallen through so im now facing 3months of summer with no plans at all. does anyone know if there's still enough time to find some sort of work placement/(cheap!) voluntary work scheme abroad? i cant really afford to just holiday. for the past couple of years iv worked at summer camps, taught english, etc, but the deadlines for most things have already passed. the thought of spending the entire summer in england is just too depressing a thought to contemplate...

ReputationRep:
    You should try pueblo ingles its a place where you go to teach spanish kids english. Deadline might have passed though!

ReputationRep:
    ^^oh that's the exact kind of thing i was looking for! the thing is, you can only stay for 8days so im not sure it would be worth the costs of the flights. do you know of any other similar programmes? im looking for something (probably in europe since it'll be easier to organise) for at least a month. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    There are so many different organisations and stuff, which one to choose depends on what you want to do, where you want to do it and personal preference.
    You can have a look at:
    www.yearoutgroup.org
    www.volunteerinternational.com
    www.worldwidevolunteering.org.uk
    www.habitatforhumanity.org
    http://www.transitionsabroad.com/lis...mseurope.shtml

The last one has a lot of different programms and suggestion for Europe, the other ones are more worldwide.
    Good luck, I hope you can find something!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.