Home cinemas Watch

Kirsty_53
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Okay so im writing a very long essay on technology and today generation and the concept on new media.

I am running out of things to talk about and wanted some peoples opinions on what they think about:

the advancement in technology and has it affected the way we live our lives?

Do you think surround sound and home cinemas have affected us going to the cinema?
Nonster
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kirsty_53)
Do you think surround sound and home cinemas have affected us going to the cinema?
Yes + cinema prices ! But I suppose that's probably because of fewer people going to the cinema... (Which came first sky high prices or the death of the cinema? - Chicken & egg)

(Original post by Kirsty_53)
the advancement in technology and has it affected the way we live our lives?
Hell yeah. Our ancestors were hunter-gatherers ; do you think they cared who died on "Lost" last week??? No, they were too busy running from crazy mountain lions! :p:

We can do pretty much everything in 30 seconds nowadays. Microwaves made stoves obsolete, cars made walking uncool & TV made the park somewhere you drive past in your electric Honda. The invention of "fast food" = sky high obesity rates compared to 50 years ago.

Blackberrys (the phone not the fruit) mean that we never stop working. Instant messaging & mobile phones mean we never stop talking. The internet means we can connect with people all over the world from the comfort of our homes... or well, work in some cases
Technology has most definitely affected the way we live our lives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads