The Architectural Association (AA) Interview Watch

jmatashi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey guys,

I have an interview on the 1st June for the AA and was wondering if anyone knew how it takes place. I had an interview with in Jan and that was pretty relaxed just discussing your work with a tutor. But in the AA I heard you interviewed in front of a panel of 5 people ?? Has anyone had an interview there yet? If so how was it like??

Thankss in advance
jrhartley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't they just pull out a macbook pro and ask you to login to your dad's bank account and show them how much money you've got?

only kiddings ya!
lkcrichard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi jmatashi. AA interviews usually consist of a panel of 3. 2 tutors from the year you are applying into and 1 administrative staff to answer your questions about admin procedures etc. that is for the dip. school, not sure about grad school though.

Do note that they are highly impressed with individual work done outside of school. All the best for the interview!

which year are you applying to may I ask?

with response to jrhartley's interest about the tendency for AA to drain students in a financial manner. it is definitely true. there are no school-accomodations even for first years etc. however, with regards to fees, it is competitively priced against other universities in central london as an international student. Locals pay the same tuition fees as foreign students. If you can source for funding, AA is definitely worth a go! I myself is on a loan, so its not all about parents jrhartley

however, on a side note, the AA does invite alot internationally renowned speakers, perhaps thats where the tuition fees go to?(I dont know how they manage their finance)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (116)
45.85%
Pro-humanity (137)
54.15%