Help Me! Please Watch

blg86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi im Brad and have taken a few years away from studying to travel and work etc, now its time to get on with my life.

okey then, can anyone tell me if i can get into university with these grades or do i need to take an access course?

gcse's
2 x A
8 XC
1 X D

CCNA (cisco networking)

as level (not A2)
ICT DOUBLE AWARD CC
BUSINESS STUDIES D

GNVQ 1 CONSTRUCTION AND ENGINEERING
NVQ 2 PLUMBING AND HEATING
KEY SKILLS MATHS & ENGLISH

Does anybody know whether i can get into uni for 2010, maybe clearing??:confused:
Sparrow Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
to study what?
overtherainbow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
depends what you are looking to do and where... but basically they are fine for some courses and not for others. What are you looking to do?
blg86
im looking to go into physiotherapy, at either westminster university or hertfordshire uni, but to be honest as long as i can gain a degree i dont mind where i study.
blg86
Bump
Grotbag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You would need to take a science-based access course to gain entry to a pysiotherapy course.
Summer241
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It depends what your GCSE's are in. English and Maths (at C or above) is a basic requirement. I assume Biology would be too for a science-based degree. If you don't have them you can take them as part of the Access course.

If you've been out of education for a few years I recommend taking an Access course. It eases you in to studying, writing assignments, meeting deadlines, etc and builds up your confidence to prepare you for the workload once you get to university. There is a lot I've learned over the last year, it's amazing how many little things you need to know to study a degree-level qualification. Even A' levels don't properly prepare you with skills such as referencing.
blg86
ive got all my gcse's, but dont i need full a levels to get onto an access course? is and access course priced the same as a degree?
Has anybody on here doing or has completed a physiotherapy course at any university?
Zinfandel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
An access course is taken generally at local/community colleges. They are level three, so the same level as A-Level. If you pass an interview and a basic English/maths test you would be able to do it in one year although depending on the college if they feel you are not up to scratch, this may be two years. They are not priced the same way as degrees and can range from £400 to £1000

Physiotherapy is very competitive, you would need to show that you have work/voluntary experience in the field to be considered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise