Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just rang Student Finance six times today and came away with six different answers.

I finally worked out that they are up to the 11th April processing PFF1 forms and the 14th April processing P60's. But how do they know what is going to be in them until they open the envelope??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Walker)
    Just rang Student Finance six times today and came away with six different answers.

I finally worked out that they are up to the 11th April processing PFF1 forms and the 14th April processing P60's. But how do they know what is going to be in them until they open the envelope??
    Six times? I congratulate you on your stamina sir!

I wouldn't even know where to start on how they process evidence.

Personally I think its a made up estimate.

The way they are supposed to do it is scan all of the forms and send the evidence back to you straight away. Then the scanned documents are on the computer for an assessor to look at, at their convenience.

PFF1's and P60's would need to be looked at together so I'm not sure how you got those two dates!

ReputationRep:
    Well I sent the PFF1 out and they received it on the 14th. I sent the P60's a couple of weeks later but am unsure of the exact date.

I ring them so much every day generally to irritate them and make myself feel better...

ReputationRep:
    Well I sent the PFF1 out and they received it on the 14th. I sent the P60's a couple of weeks later but am unsure of the exact date.

I ring them so much every day generally to irritate them and make myself feel better...
    How come you didn't send them at the same time?

I ring lots as well!

I also keep making official complaints. They are promptly replied to, apologising as always.

It annoys me that in the time they take to draft a letter or speak to us on the phone, they could have assessed us!

For a 'normal' family, all they need to do is confirm the two parental incomes and the computer does the rest.

I don't get why they can't have call centre staff that can't actually do anything for you.

ReputationRep:
    I sent form PFF1 out in an envelope and got back from the Post Office to find the P60s sitting on my computer table.

Things kept cropping up and I wasn't able to get them sent off for a couple of weeks later...

How do you make an official complaint anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I sent form PFF1 out in an envelope and got back from the Post Office to find the P60s sitting on my computer table.

Things kept cropping up and I wasn't able to get them sent off for a couple of weeks later...

How do you make an official complaint anyway?
    You intend to complain about your own incompetence in failing to send evidence in with forms are you?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, it's not suprising you have seven warnings.

ReputationRep:
    takes a while apparently ...

http://www.slc.co.uk/england/index.html#section2

After we get your evidence through the post, it needs to be sorted, scanned and matched to your application. Until your evidence is processed, we might not be able to give you an update, if you phone in.

Original birth certificates and adoption certificates take us around five weeks to process. After this, they will be returned to you and the ‘Evidence’ screen will be updated in your online account.

Copies of financial evidence take us around seven weeks to process. After this, they will be returned to you and the ‘Evidence’ screen will be updated.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.