The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am!!! I am sooo nervous. I think I know most of the syllabus well so I just need to hope for my favourite questions to come up. How about you?
Reply 2
I'm nervous as heck for my first of what will be many exams. At least i've done a good amount of revision. I just need to cram a few things into tonight, but that's it.
I'm scared for B3 though, I keep on screwing up my understanding of active transport.
Good luck to anyone else who's doing B2 or B3.
Reply 3
rockieroad
I am!!! I am sooo nervous. I think I know most of the syllabus well so I just need to hope for my favourite questions to come up. How about you?

same im really nervous, but im just going to read through the specification tonight and hope for the best... my average is like 85%.. but thats only because i wasnt under pressure!!
here's the specification if you want
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-4463-W-SP-10.PDF
:eek3:
Reply 4
hughh20
I'm nervous as heck for my first of what will be many exams. At least i've done a good amount of revision. I just need to cram a few things into tonight, but that's it.
I'm scared for B3 though, I keep on screwing up my understanding of active transport.
Good luck to anyone else who's doing B2 or B3.

Active Transport simple to remember! Just remember it goes against the concentration gradient, and requires energy in the form of ATP. This is the only absorption technique that does so.

That's really all you need to know, good luck.
Reply 5
Active transport is from a low concentration to a high concentration so the opposite of osmosis and diffusion
Reply 6
Scared! :'(
Wait, GCSE B1 B2 B3 ?
Im in with you guys then. But im feeling confident.
I'm doing it but I think mines igcse so it's different?
Reply 9
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Wait, GCSE B1 B2 B3 ?
Im in with you guys then. But im feeling confident.

no as in aqa additional science... where its core bio and additional bio. B2 tomorrow i think.
Reply 10
JamJes
I'm doing it but I think mines igcse so it's different?

yeah yours is different but if you have it tomorrow. good luck! :smile:
Anjali.x
yeah yours is different but if you have it tomorrow. good luck! :smile:

Yeah it's tomorrow, 8:30- that's going to be fun seeing as I've been getting up at 11 for the past few days :o:
Good luck in yours too!
Reply 12
Be on your guard for ethical Qs in B2; bound to come up with embryo screening and that; I hate the shizzle on Penicllin..
Reply 13
I'm doing further biology tomorrow, hoping for a good paper. Just think, after tomorrow we never have to do biology again! (Unless its one of your A level options.)
Reply 14
rasklatz
Be on your guard for ethical Qs in B2; bound to come up with embryo screening and that; I hate the shizzle on Penicllin..

thanks!
Reply 15
Yes no more biology, what an amazing thought :smile:
Reply 16
does anyone know any grade boundaries from previous years?
how much do i need for an A? :smile:
Reply 17
shashasha
does anyone know any grade boundaries from previous years?
how much do i need for an A? :smile:

i think its around 28/45 generally. good luck
Reply 18
Reply 19
liviluck
I'm doing further biology tomorrow, hoping for a good paper. Just think, after tomorrow we never have to do biology again! (Unless its one of your A level options.)

Apart from B1 on the 9th of June...

Latest

Trending

Trending