Who's Right? Who's Wrong? Watch

Different Cloud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Here's a scenario:

It's the weekend and PersonA tells PersonB that they would prefer to stay in as they wanted to watch a certain TV Programme and could watch a DVD.rather than going out.

PersonB would also prefer too stay in too, and goes over to PersonA's house. They chill for a bit and then go down to watch the TV Programme as it starts. PersonB really has no interest in the programme, is really bored and looks it. PersonA just sits there in silence glued to the programme and after an hour the programme finishes. PersonA switches is over to another programme but PersonB has had enough, can't take anymore and says they'll just go as they came over to see and spend time with PersonA not too watch programmes they had no interest in but PersonA goes in the huff, switches the tele off and they both go up and watch a DVD.

PersonA: Feels that it's rude / bad manners to ditact what to watch in other peoples houses and that one should watch whats on TV. Also PersonA feels that they stated clearly that they wanted to watch that certian programme and PersonB didn't need to come over.

PersonB: Feels that PersonA lacks the consideration for others feelings (Inconsiderate), even though PersonB didn't need to come they wanted to come to see PersonA and that if they never said anything the other programme would probarly have continued.

Who do you pledge for, PersonA or PersonB and why?
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your gf clearly wanted to spend time with you, cuddle up etc, rather than watch whatever crap you wanted to watch. If you just wanted to watch the programme, perhaps do it alone next time.
Chocothunder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd bet my left testicle that you're PersonB.
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Person A is right.

Wtf? Person B knew it would be a telly night, so why the **** go over if you weren't happy with it? B sounds like a girl and A a boyfriend, yeah?

The only thing that could make person B a bit more in the right is if Person A was being extremely rude - as in, not talking to B at all, blanking him/her. Because even though A stated clearly it was going to be all about the telly, if he/she was really prepared to make no effort, they should have told B not to bother coming round.
neodymium
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Both are right. I'd be agitated if I was held up from kissing the girl "of my dreams".
superman19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
this is the worst **** ever, get a life
Different Cloud
Rep:
?
I' personally think there's flaws on both sides in a way.

(Original post by in_vogue)
The only thing that could make person B a bit more in the right is if Person A was being extremely rude - as in, not talking to B at all, blanking him/her. Because even though A stated clearly it was going to be all about the telly, if he/she was really prepared to make no effort, they should have told B not to bother coming round.
Well "PersonA just sat there in silence glued to the programme."
Eljamaispa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
B because A was being anal retentive.
HappySadHappy
Report 8 years ago
Person A is right.. Its her house, and it was probably soap night or desperate housewife night! Good gf's appreciate men need to watch their footy or other sports...
Sounds like a misunderstanding, on B's part..he should have understood..
kaying
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i would go for PersonB.
a guest is a guest, i'd be alarmed at rudeness to a visitor =.=" otherwise PersonA should've dismissed PersonB if they didnt WANT them there.
greatmonte
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
depends on how person B said he was bored because if he said it considerably it would have been fine and person A should have gotten into a Huff
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Person A is right. They clearly stated what they were going to do that night.
paddyman4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Person C is right. They avoided a night in with two whiners.

Though if I had to choose, Person A is right, and Person B is clingy. If someone tried to talk to me while I was watching Doctor Who or Desperate Housewives I'd slap them.
puma21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like the effort you put into the post OP.
ems_18
Report 8 years ago
Person A but if this happened like everytime person B came round then i'd go for person B.
Different Cloud
Rep:
?
It's funny how a mixture of genders are saying different answers. Very mixed responses here.
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Person A. They did exactly what they said they would do- plus if person B had politely suggested something they both liked, it prolly would have been fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1619)
79.13%
Leave (427)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed