Turn on thread page Beta

Lush discontinuing ALL of it scents?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, slightly random question but does anybody know whether Lush is discontinuing any/all of its solid perfumes?

I heard from a friend that American Cream is going, and then from somebody else that they all are - but I checked the new "Soon to be discontinued" page and they're not on there. I really like Karma and The Comforter so if they're going to disappear I'd like to stock up, but my nearest shop is too far away for me to go on the off-chance!

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    All of the solid perfumes and temple balms are going yes, shame really. I got given a couple of American Creams and they're actually really nice, despite the fact I'd never previously been interested in buying any of the solid perfumes whatsoever. There has been talk that packaging will be updated and/or new fragrances will be made in an attempt to get the sales of them going again but that could be way into the future.

Probably a good idea to stock up for now! I might see if I can get a Karma dusting powder before that goes too!

ReputationRep:
    No!!! Must stock up!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, on second thoughts, I could probably just use one of their body butters instead. They smell so good.

ReputationRep:
    NO!! Snow Fairy. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Oh noooo! Thanks Natalie, I'll definitely be popping down to Lush for a post-exams treat then. I swear, if my boyfriend hadn't just given me an enormous bottle of Agent Provocateur (which smells delightfully reminiscent of Karma) I'd be holding back tears, those little pots are the only thing I still buy from Lush...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    NO!! Snow Fairy. :love:
    I thought Snow Fairy was a shower gel????

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Lush in real financial trouble anyway?

ReputationRep:
    No, they're not discontinuing them. There'd be quite a few posts online about it, and on the forums if they were. Plus, I'm still friends with my old colleagues in Portsmouth and they've not let on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    This Christmas it was also a solid perfume.

Same scent as Godmother soap; I don't know why everyone goes so nuts buying it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    They have the solid perfume version of it too. It's SO GOOD! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    They have the solid perfume version of it too. It's SO GOOD! :coma:
    Godmother soap is the same scent, you know :shh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    No, they're not discontinuing them. There'd be quite a few posts online about it, and on the forums if they were. Plus, I'm still friends with my old colleagues in Portsmouth and they've not let on.
    There are quite a few posts about this on the Lush forums, including from members of staff saying they are definitely on the way out. There is just no official date as to when yet. They were included in the last issue of the Lush Times which says to me it'll be a few weeks yet before anything happens, but it will happen.

There are rumours like I've said they will go and come back revamped or will go and make way for the B Never scents.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it will be getting rid of that horribly strong smell in the air that hangs around outside the shop and I swallow every time I walk past..

ReputationRep:
    Godmother soap is the same scent, you know :shh:
    Ah, really? I don't really use any of their soaps. I bought a load of face stuff, like cleansers, scrubs, toner and moisturiser and my skin has not reacted well to them so I'm a bit wary of trying anything else except my trusty solid perfume!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieMT)
    There are quite a few posts about this on the Lush forums, including from members of staff saying they are definitely on the way out. There is just no official date as to when yet. They were included in the last issue of the Lush Times which says to me it'll be a few weeks yet before anything happens, but it will happen.

There are rumours like I've said they will go and come back revamped or will go and make way for the B Never scents.
    Why didn't I know?

If it happens, there's going to be a run on the scents. The best thing is that the solid perfumes do last for ages; I've still got my Vanillary from about a year ago and it's barely been touched despite using it LOADS. I think Lush is going to lose a lot more customers what with all their discontinuing some of the most popular lines. In a sense I'm quite glad I'm not there any more - there'd be loads of people complaining! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, really? I don't really use any of their soaps. I bought a load of face stuff, like cleansers, scrubs, toner and moisturiser and my skin has not reacted well to them so I'm a bit wary of trying anything else except my trusty solid perfume!
    What did you try, and what's your skin like?
    Their soap is alright, even for sensitive skin - my boyfriend can use some of it, and he's got horrendous eczema.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't I know?

If it happens, there's going to be a run on the scents. The best thing is that the solid perfumes do last for ages; I've still got my Vanillary from about a year ago and it's barely been touched despite using it LOADS. I think Lush is going to lose a lot more customers what with all their discontinuing some of the most popular lines. In a sense I'm quite glad I'm not there any more - there'd be loads of people complaining! :p:
    Yeah I like The Happy Pill and Rub Rub Rub, I was a bit miffed about those going! All I can say is Lush better have something good up their sleeves. I much prefer Tramp over the new shower gel Grass, I don't want to smell like my lawn. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieMT)
    Yeah I like The Happy Pill and Rub Rub Rub, I was a bit miffed about those going! All I can say is Lush better have something good up their sleeves. I much prefer Tramp over the new shower gel Grass, I don't want to smell like my lawn. :lol:
    Grass is horrendous! I sniffed it when I went back in for a visit week before last and I just didn't understand why they'd bring that stuff in, and get rid of Tramp and Yummy! Ugh, so annoyed

At least it'll all be in Retro, albeit for about 4590845 times the original price!

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame - I'd intended to try the perfumes so I might grab some before they go.

Lush are in pretty bad financial trouble, yes?

I really like some of their soaps and their charity pot. I'm not a fan of the other products though as they tend to bring me out in a rash despite me not having particularly sensitive skin.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2010
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.