Size differences in couples... Watch

JecAL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Today when i was down town i saw this young (early 20's) couple; the guy was really skinny, average-looking, and about 5"7. He was holding hands with this girl, shorter than him but a LOT bigger outwards. She was really stunning, though.
I think this is fine, but what do u guys think of couples like this or vice versa?
I think if we can have couples of different races come together then why should size be a factor? Be happy
*Rouge*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It might look a bit strange but as long as they're happy and attracted to each other, size shouldn't be an issue.
Sky_Dream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If they're happy then it's fine, there must be some sort of attraction there to begin with i suppose. Generally i like my guy to be a big taller/biger than me, but if im attracted to them i would see past that.
HappySadHappy
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, opposites are even said to attract. At the end of the day, if that person treats you right and you love them and they love you, nothing else matters...
freeforever
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My boyfriend is alot taller than me and weighs twice what I do, but I don't think it makes any difference, I love him and that shouldn't be affected by size no matter if he is bigger or smaller than me...
Cee <3
Report 8 years ago
size doesn't matter (:
I'm 4"10 and my boyfriend's over a foot taller than me.
But it never stopped him being attracted to me. In fact, I think he likes the fact that I am so short.

No one else has ever said anything - other than friends joking.
(:
haidoreru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It always surprises me a little to see couples where one of them is... I'm sorry to be blunt, quite big whereas the other is skinny.

However, it also makes me warms me to see couples like that, because, I just think that these people really do love each other and could see past superficial appearances.

So, yeah, size and shape don't really matter in relationships.

I personally think that my bf would probably find me more lovable if I was like the chubby asian girl from donnie darko. LOL.
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
lol. I'm 5'2 and 8 stone. My boyfriend is 6'1 and 16 stone. very different!

But we love eachother so theres no issue
machiavelli123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm 5'6 and 8.5 stone. My gf is 5'4 and 10 stone.
dpd5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HappySadHappy)
Yeah, opposites are even said to attract
according to you me at six anyway
icn06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For some reason it does always look a bit strange when you see a really thin guy with a very large woman...more about things seeming unproportional to the eye. But hey whatever makes them happy.
x y z
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't really think anything of it. It's not up to me who people date.
trixx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just find it strange that some of you know how much your partners weigh. Are these estimates or do you have weekly weigh ins?
MissW
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why should it even matter to any individual who would happen to be walking past them in the street? I don't even notice it tbh!
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm honestly not bothered what other couples look like size wise.

However, I personally would feel incredibly self conscious and a lot less feminine if my boyfriend was smaller in build/skinnier than me.
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by trixx)
I just find it strange that some of you know how much your partners weigh. Are these estimates or do you have weekly weigh ins?
lol at the moment yeah! He's dieting
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm 5'3 and *whispers* 8 and a half stone :/ and my bf is about 6', and quite big built. The height difference isn't an issue, he rests his arm on my head when he stands next to me.
Nick Longjohnson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've dated a 5'2" girl once

Im 6'1" and 16 stone. It did look a little odd
Lawkt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm about 2 inches shorter than my bf and weigh about 5 stone more than him. At first I did feel really self conscious about the fact that he is skinny and I am overweight and it might look odd, but we have been happy together for 5 years now and love each other so what does it matter?
YL_LDN
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because society is nosy, and for some reasons restricts itself to a prison like existence of conformity. That's people for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.54%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (143)
41.09%
Nope, not that interesting (137)
39.37%

Watched Threads