The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I hate being fatter/having bigger thighs than my boyfriend... I want to remain attractive to him, so personally I could never be comfortable in the relationship you described.
Just personal preference though, I'm sure lots of girls have the esteem to cope with that.
Reply 21
Lawkt
I'm about 2 inches shorter than my bf and weigh about 5 stone more than him. At first I did feel really self conscious about the fact that he is skinny and I am overweight and it might look odd, but we have been happy together for 5 years now and love each other so what does it matter?

This. :smile:
I like how its all girls saying its fine haha :smile:

I think its sweet :smile: reminds me that we don't need to obsess over feeling fat etc as much because no matter what someone will love you as you are :smile:
I'm 5"2 and my boyfried is 6"4, so there's a 14 inch difference between us. But both of us are "normal" sized (although he's quite muscly but not obviously)
It looks funny when he bends down to kiss me hahaha
Reply 24
Holly Hiskey

It looks funny when he bends down to kiss me hahaha

agreed! there's a foot height difference between me and my guy and I laugh whenever we kiss...I have to stand on my tippy toes and he has to bend down. I love it though cause we never have to worry about wearing heels and being taller than our other halfs!

Also, I would hate hate HATE to be with a guy that was skinnier than me, I'd feel so self concious!
Luckily, my boyfriend actually weighs twice as much as me, so I don't have that problem!
balface
agreed! there's a foot height difference between me and my guy and I laugh whenever we kiss...I have to stand on my tippy toes and he has to bend down. I love it though cause we never have to worry about wearing heels and being taller than our other halfs!

Also, I would hate hate HATE to be with a guy that was skinnier than me, I'd feel so self concious!
Luckily, my boyfriend actually weighs twice as much as me, so I don't have that problem!

I just think that no-one will be comparing our figures because of the amusingly large height difference :p:
Reply 26
Not shallow but I don't think I could handle it having a girlfriend who was bigger than me. I like that she feels safe and protected when she is with me and that I can pick her up easily. Girls just seem more feminine when they are smaller aswell. Height is never really a problem due to me being tall, but if I was shorter it would be less of an issue than size probably.
I looove girls who are fatter than me, personally.
haidoreru
It always surprises me a little to see couples where one of them is... I'm sorry to be blunt, quite big whereas the other is skinny.

However, it also makes me warms me to see couples like that, because, I just think that these people really do love each other and could see past superficial appearances.

So, yeah, size and shape don't really matter in relationships.

I personally think that my bf would probably find me more lovable if I was like the chubby asian girl from donnie darko. LOL. :biggrin:

There is no attraction without the superficial.
Hehe, it shouldn't be any surprise. Women are supposed to have more fat on their body. Infact, their body holds more fat then a males body so having bigger thighs than your male counterpart is what it should be like - ideally.
Reply 30
Me and my boyfriend are pretty much the same height......and I'm rather wider than he is, but it doesn't seem to be an issue at all.
As long as both people are happy in a relationship that is all that should matter...not shape or size :smile:
Reply 31
my ex was 6foot , im short 4'11
She was "a lot bigger outwards"? Is that the new politically correct way of saying "she was a fat ****"?
Reply 33
Why are many girls on this thread worrying about their other halves being a lot smaller/weighing less than them?

A) It really does not make a difference - it's likely to be just you thinking that.
B) You should be concentrating on loving your partner, not worrying whether he is this or that. You're in a relationship for god's sake!
Always reminds me of one of my GCSE english short stories. "Tall Woman and her Short Husband", it was set in China and this couple got like abused and exiled from their neighbourhood for having a height difference the wrong way round :ninja:

I'm the same height as my boyfriend although he is heavier than me.
I'm quite skinny and I prefer any prospective partners to be at least broader if not a bit taller than me. I could cope with otherwise, in the end what does it really matter, it just makes me feel more...feminine I guess? I had a 6'6 boyfriend once (I'm 5'9) and I actually didn't like it, plus I found with his massiveness he was just a bit of a funny shape :mmm:
Since when were men and women supposed to be the same size? Surely there's always been a difference in size?
I'm 5'2"/5'3" and my ex-boyfriend was 6', I loved the height difference.

Latest

Trending

Trending