Pendulum's new album! IMMERSION Watch

Doughnuts!!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
:eek3: Anybody else excited for this?? Coming out on 24th May :woo:

I REALLY can't wait! Been listening to a few minute long samplers on Pendulum's YouTube channel and they've just made me uncontrollably excited!! I really like the fact that they've decided to experiment with lots of different styles; just sounds so awesome!
RedGuy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just to let you know, the album was actually leaked online. I have listened to it and it's truly awful. If you are expecting Hold Your Colour 2 look elsewhere.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pendulum haven't been good since Hold your colours.

In silico was nothing special tbh.
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedGuy)
Just to let you know, the album was actually leaked online. I have listened to it and it's truly awful. If you are expecting Hold Your Colour 2 look elsewhere.
Yeah, I know that it's been leaked but I'd much rather buy it.

The thing is-I'M NOT EXPECTING HOLD YOUR COLOUR 2! I'm actually happy that they've decided to experiment. What do you find to be so awful about it?? Pretty much all the songs I've listened to sound amazing.
toastehmonstah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leaked, is awesome
RedGuy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
Yeah, I know that it's been leaked but I'd much rather buy it.

The thing is-I'M NOT EXPECTING HOLD YOUR COLOUR 2! I'm actually happy that they've decided to experiment. What do you find to be so awful about it?? Pretty much all the songs I've listened to sound amazing.
I thought it would be a d&b album but it's some truly awful trash. I actually preordered it myself but was too excited so downloaded it. Needless to say, the preorder was cancelled straight away.
dannylj
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
pendulum is **** now. seriously get with the times, pendulum is like dnb for 5 year olds
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by dannylj)
pendulum is **** now. seriously get with the times, pendulum is like dnb for 5 year olds
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I would say that Pendulum is mainstream DnB. I like other DnB, and yet I still like Pendulum even though they're so mainstream.
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a shame Pendulum can't keep a HYC'esque sound, but instead they have tried to become mainstream and failed slightly at it. It's not bad, but seeing as HYC was one of the best albums of the decade it is hard to live up to. Watercolour is worse than the stuff on In Silico, i do have faint hopes that there may be a few good songs in there somewhere but when i see Ransom not making it onto the album i can't really see it. Ransom lived up to some of the stuff on HYC for me and they decided to put crap like Watercolour on the album instead, awful!
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedGuy)
I thought it would be a d&b album but it's some truly awful trash. I actually preordered it myself but was too excited so downloaded it. Needless to say, the preorder was cancelled straight away.
Ahh, I'm guessing that you're one of those purists that is absolutely against Pendulum doing anything that is completely different to HYC? :rolleyes:

Are you saying it's awful trash cos of how commercial it is? Ie the electro/house/occasionaly dubstep influences? 'Cos tbh that's the part that I'm thr most excited about:yep:
DaveParlour
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone who is saying that Pendulum are **** now obviously doesn't like the transition they have made from DnB to incorporating more rock elements, yes Hold Your Colour was a fantastic album but even then it wasn't true DnB. It should be noted that they started off as a rock band and then decided to experiment with DnB so to go back to their roots is only natural, I personally like the rockier twist they put to DnB as I don't like the purist DnB stuff anyway, if you happen to do so go listen to purer DnB and stop expecting something from a band that never intended to be pure.

The Immersion album to me is really good, combining some of the best of HYC with mainstream rockier elements of IS to create a good hybrid album, just because they don't fall in to one set category does not make them ****.
RedGuy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahh, I'm guessing that you're one of those purists that is absolutely against Pendulum doing anything that is completely different to HYC? :rolleyes:

Are you saying it's awful trash cos of how commercial it is? Ie the electro/house/occasionaly dubstep influences? 'Cos tbh that's the part that I'm thr most excited about:yep:
I'm not one of those people who say music is trash because it's commercial. I'm just saying, this album is pure utter trash but that's my opinion. Maybe you will like it (**** knows what you're on if you do) but there you go people have different taste in music.

I wouldn't be surprised if this album was produced by Linkin Park.
dannylj
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I would say that Pendulum is mainstream DnB. I like other DnB, and yet I still like Pendulum even though they're so mainstream.
Yeah but after listening to so much good dnb, after getting into dnb from pendulum admittedly, the parts of pendulums album which I've heard are just so cringey. The one I heard which zane lowe announced as ' the hottest record on the planet' sounded like slam in a different key. And have you heard their version of dubstep? I will still listen to a couple of their singles, but I'm not expecting much.
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I'm no purist and just like that guy i'm sure listens to it for the music. Fact is Pendulum have sold out their sound a fair bit. I mean some people have said Watercolour is better than the likes of Tarantula. I mean wtf, Watercolour has NOTHING to the song whilst the likes of Tarantula reeked of innovation which was absolutely fantastic to listen to. Their sound now is far weaker and far less innovative than it was. I love rock music, i love electronic music, what they are doing now is far weaker than they did with HYC. And those who are defending their new soound are generally those who aren't very knowledgable about music (no offence) and people who listen to mainly mainstream stuff or try to be a bit "alternative" from that.
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by DaveParlour)
Anyone who is saying that Pendulum are **** now obviously doesn't like the transition they have made from DnB to incorporating more rock elements, yes Hold Your Colour was a fantastic album but even then it wasn't true DnB. It should be noted that they started off as a rock band and then decided to experiment with DnB so to go back to their roots is only natural, I personally like the rockier twist they put to DnB as I don't like the purist DnB stuff anyway, if you happen to do so go listen to purer DnB and stop expecting something from a band that never intended to be pure.

The Immersion album to me is really good, combining some of the best of HYC with mainstream rockier elements of IS to create a good hybrid album, just because they don't fall in to one set category does not make them ****.

At last, somebody that DOESN'T hate it! I was beginning to think that I may not bother buying it tbh...
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

There's a difference in blending genres together well to make a better sound to blending genres together to make a far worse sound! FACT. No they aren't ****, they made HYC and still their new stuff isn't that bad, but it's fairly average stuff at best i'm afraid now!
DaveParlour
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by benmh92)
There's a difference in blending genres together well to make a better sound to blending genres together to make a far worse sound! FACT. No they aren't ****, they made HYC and still their new stuff isn't that bad, but it's fairly average stuff at best i'm afraid now!
No, not a fact at all, music is subjective.
DaveParlour
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At last, somebody that DOESN'T hate it! I was beginning to think that I may not bother buying it tbh...
If you're looking forward to more variation then you should like it. The Fountain ft Steve Wilson is my favourite track.. but then that is because I'm pretty much in love with Steve Wilson.
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by dannylj)
Yeah but after listening to so much good dnb, after getting into dnb from pendulum admittedly, the parts of pendulums album which I've heard are just so cringey. The one I heard which zane lowe announced as ' the hottest record on the planet' sounded like slam in a different key. And have you heard their version of dubstep? I will still listen to a couple of their singles, but I'm not expecting much.
Oh goodness, I thought that the (admittedly) small amount I heard of their "dubstep" song was good. :rolleyes: Maybe I just have no taste in music :confused:

I've made up my mind though, I'll download it to see if I think it's worth buying
Doughnuts!!
Rep:
?
If you're looking forward to more variation then you should like it. The Fountain ft Steve Wilson is my favourite track.. but then that is because I'm pretty much in love with Steve Wilson.
I AM looking forward to new variation, but everyone on here is saying that Pendulum are either no good at variation, or that they should have just have gone back to their HYC style.:confused:

What are all the other songs like. The ones I WAS looking forward to (not so much anymore) were The Island 1 and 2 and Witchcraft.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads