Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Physics ISA (A2) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the grade boundries, or raw mark to ums is for the simple harmonic motion isa?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    well its out of 50, which should make it about 40=A, 35=B, 30=C, 25=D, 20=E, but then take them to be a bit lower because they almost always drop for isas, im fairly sure no-one will know exactly yet though because they take in all the marks and then do grade boundaries by proportion of candidates like the exams and around the same time, thats why your teachers have to tell you that it is only a preliminary mark (ie not your ums) because it could change

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. I hope those boundries will be about right

Last year, the boundaries were pretty high for the isa I done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbii)
    well its out of 50, which should make it about 40=A, 35=B, 30=C, 25=D, 20=E, but then take them to be a bit lower because they almost always drop for isas, im fairly sure no-one will know exactly yet though because they take in all the marks and then do grade boundaries by proportion of candidates like the exams and around the same time, thats why your teachers have to tell you that it is only a preliminary mark (ie not your ums) because it could change
    My teacher told me it was out of 41, not 50. I had 30 in that prac, does that make it an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Near)
    My teacher told me it was out of 41, not 50. I had 30 in that prac, does that make it an A?
    your right its 41 for the isa and then 9 for the psa, which toghether is all of unit 6 and we are only given the one mark

my guess 30/41 is a B, but that really is just a guess and if you include the full 9 psa marks (which you get by pretty much just turning up to a few lessons) then probably an A (unless everyone did really well)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2010

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.