Three exams in one day Watch

schwurlie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Does anybody else have three exams on one day?

I've got Business Studies, Philosophy and Classics exams all on the 25th.
There was the option of staying at a teacher's house overnight and having no contact with anyone else until I did the exam in the morning, but I figured I'd rather just try to get them all done D:

If you also have the unfortunate luck of having three in one day, how are you preparing (or are you just hoping for the best) ?
phen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by schwurlie)

There was the option of staying at a teacher's house overnight and having no contact with anyone else until I did the exam in the morning, but I figured I'd rather just try to get them all done D:

If you also have the unfortunate luck of having three in one day, how are you preparing (or are you just hoping for the best) ?
Sounds pretty hardcore. How long are A-level exams? (Not taking A-levels.)

Our exams are 180 minutes each and I had two last Monday... still 5 more to go.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have three on one day, Physics, Statistics and Decision Maths. The way how I am preparing is by doing 3-4 mock exams on certain days so that my mind is in them right state. I'm also going to get some energy bars!
asdalol
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Staying at the teachers house overnight? Sounds kinky.. :sexface:
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Unlucky :consle:
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had six in one day in my first year... One lot were in the morning and the other half in the afternoon, and it wasn't that horrendous, really.

One girl had about 12 last year though, and she had to stay at the history teacher's house. Oh the hilarity...
angel_night
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had 4 on the same day during my AS year, and my other friend who was doing a resit for one of the subjects had 5. It was a very long and tough day but it was so good to be over and done with. Make sure you prepare for everything evenly, rather than just concerntrating on one subject and you should be fine
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My business teacher is hawt, i would of stayed over ;D
I barelycope with revising for one exam, let alone three. Feel for you .
chipskylark
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had this last year...
Just revise revise revise to know your subjects inside-out, that way you'll be able to switch your mind to the relevant topic fast enough

This doesn't come from experience. I didn't revise last year :haha:
phen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by psychocustard)
I had six in one day in my first year... One lot were in the morning and the other half in the afternoon, and it wasn't that horrendous, really.

One girl had about 12 last year though, and she had to stay at the history teacher's house. Oh the hilarity...
I guess they're not 180 minutes, then. :P How long are they?
mr tim
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Your college gives you a choice? my college tells me that if your total exam hours is 6, then you have to stay at the staff's house and no communication allowed, kind of like the Big brother house, but no housemates apart from the teacher and his/her family maybe.

Anyway the most I had was 2 in the same days for 2 days of the week in Jan [mon and Weds] I really felt tired as due to my extra time allowance, I had to stay with the invigilator supervision in quarantine, where its like being in the member of staff's house, but its not in the house, you can revise, eat, and do other things other than communicate with somebody apart from the invigilator. It is so boring, but luckily I think I won't be in that again [Not this summer at least]
psychocustard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by phen)
I guess they're not 180 minutes, then. :P How long are they?
The first three: One was an hour, the next two were an hour and a half each.

The second lot: Each were an hour long.
morg
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
that sounds horrible; one is bad enough
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had 3 hours of Psychology and then 3 and a half hours of German during my ASs. Now *that* was hell.
schwurlie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by psychocustard)
The first three: One was an hour, the next two were an hour and a half each.

The second lot: Each were an hour long.
jfc that sounds horrific. How was your hand / wrist afterwards?
psychocustard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
jfc that sounds horrific. How was your hand / wrist afterwards?
Not too awful, tbh. I was just fed up having had to sit around for ages, more than anything else, and I had a sore back rather than anything!
aura1947
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've got Physics (P4) and Maths (P3) in one day. That's a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes. :/

Also have Chemistry (P5) and Chemistry (P2) in one day. Total of 2 hours and 30 minutes. :/

Not three papers but still sort of intense. Especially the Physics and Maths papers 'cause both of them are the core papers.

I also happen to have the misfortune of having consecutive exams on 26th, 27th and 28th and 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. Geez.
Mighty Moe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had Politics, History and Law all on the same day in the January AS exams - got all As. I felt so relieved after that day that I was sort of glad I had them all on the same day.
boromir9111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hhmmmm
PrivatiseThis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can someone explain why people need to stay at their teacher's houses?

It's just sort of.. odd.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.44%
Leave (255)
20.56%

Watched Threads