Turn on thread page Beta

Is it worth it? Printer for uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have a lot of money, get a cheap printer. You may end up thanking at about 2am one day.

ReputationRep:
    id certainly take one! So many times mine ahs saved my life..especially at 5am when I had to print my thesis off the morning it was due in lol

ReputationRep:
    i was thinkin of getting this laser printer since its so cheap is it worth it

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=90377

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imaad)
    i was thinkin of getting this laser printer since its so cheap is it worth it

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=90377
    Nice!

I'm planning to buy a 3 in 1 printer (i.e. photocopier, color printer, black and white printer in one machine). Not sure if it's worth it though. I saw some of them and the price are good. Also, I'm not sure if there is a need for a photocopier and color printer...

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Nice!

I'm planning to buy a 3 in 1 printer (i.e. photocopier, color printer, black and white printer in one machine). Not sure if it's worth it though. I saw some of them and the price are good. Also, I'm not sure if there is a need for a photocopier and color printer...

Any suggestions?
    I'm thinking of that as well but unsure whether it would be necessary/handy to have a photocopier at hand. I'm buying my printer at home here in Brunei and lugging it over, so a 3 in 1 would be bulky so I'm still deciding on it.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    i got my self a brand new un opend HP printer for £35 incl delivery on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether to get a laser printer or a printer/scanner/copier all-in-one. Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwibum)
    I'm thinking of that as well but unsure whether it would be necessary/handy to have a photocopier at hand. I'm buying my printer at home here in Brunei and lugging it over, so a 3 in 1 would be bulky so I'm still deciding on it.

Any thoughts?
    At Warwick the library has plenty of photocopying machines that will do the job for you. You may save money with a 3 in one though, so its just a case of weighing up what you would save v what you would spend, and the logistics of getting the 3 in 1 there and back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDoh)
    I'm not sure whether to get a laser printer or a printer/scanner/copier all-in-one. Hmm...
    You can get laser all-in-ones now quite cheap...that would solve the problem Although they are quite alot bigger than a inkjet all-in-one.

ReputationRep:
    Last week I got a 3 in 1 (printer/photocopier/scanner) for around £60. Not bad considering normal printers cost only a little less, and the two extra facilities seem very useful to me. It's quite big though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Nice!

Any suggestions?
    they are brilliant. I've got an hp one and although the cartridges are expensive they do last for ages, and when photocopying at uni is 5p a sheet it's much handier to be able to do it yourself- comes in very useful for essay planning and copying someones notes if you miss a lecture

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Stick to getting an Epson or Canon, cheaper cartridges - try Everything Ink for the carts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    they are brilliant. I've got an hp one and although the cartridges are expensive they do last for ages, and when photocopying at uni is 5p a sheet it's much handier to be able to do it yourself- comes in very useful for essay planning and copying someones notes if you miss a lecture

lou xxx
    I've got a HP all-in-one printer as well....cost about £60 and is great

ReputationRep:
    i've just got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...606511-9648668
    very, very nice. but im lucky - my grandparents have said they'll buy all my ink cartridges al the way through university! yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach:))
    I've got a HP all-in-one printer as well....cost about £60 and is great
    Think I have the same one as you.

It is excellent. The quality of the photo printing is really good, which is quite important to me.

ReputationRep:
    ive got an HP one, i wasnt gonna get one but my cousins randomly gave me one so gonna take that!

ReputationRep:
    My HP All In One printer only cost me £30 brand new.

I got it with my computer, but they were only selling it at £40 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I bought the most fantastic laser printer at the weekend. My parents shelled out about £115 for it, which I think is worth it seeing as I get 3 year cover, which means that if anything at all goes wrong with it, I can just take it to PC World and they'll give me a replacement one for the equivalent price.

I used to just make do with the cheapo printers that came free with either a laptop or a computer, but they always broke on me, and I'm really not the most technical person and couldn't deal with my printer breaking down on my at 5am when I have a deadline to meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    I bought the most fantastic laser printer at the weekend. My parents shelled out about £115 for it
    I take it thats mono / black + white? You'd be talking at least £500 for a reliable colour unfortunatly

ReputationRep:
    im going to be getting an all in one printer i think. My boyfreind is a technitian at pc world so he knows alot about them and can get me discount There is a cannon one for around £60 which takes cartridges that only cost about £5 each so i might get that. They also have a HP one on special offer atm if anyone is interested, its down from £99 to £69.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.