Can't link my application to support section! Watch

ViolinGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

Hoping to get some help, as i'm stuck.
I've filled out and submitted the first part of the application, for applying for finance. But there is another application on my account for support an application which my parents are supposed to fill in. When I log into it from my account, it says that I need to link it with an Alias ID, but I wasn't given one, and it also says that there is no need to use one if applying after 9th April 2010. If My mum logs onto her account, my application doesn't show up on her part, so she can't 'support' it.

Any ideas of how to sort this?

Thanks.
greywacke
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Have they emailed it to you or your mum?
rabid child
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Log back in and click on the link for 2010/11 (for you, not your parents). This will give you a summary of your application.

Did you choose means tested finance (takes your household income into account)?
ViolinGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by rabid child)
Log back in and click on the link for 2010/11 (for you, not your parents). This will give you a summary of your application.

Did you choose means tested finance (takes your household income into account)?
Yes. Means tested. It shows a summary, I know. But there is a seperate application on my account for support as well, and it isn't letting me link my application to it.
rabid child
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sorry to ask dumb questions ... but when you log in, click on 2010/11 and get to the screen called -

Your application details and next steps

Does it say something like this?

Your parents' next steps

We are still awaiting your Mother's financial details, please ask them to log into their account to provide this information

... if it doesn't, something's gone wrong. You might need to phone up or get your mum to fill in a paper form. Hope this helps, anyway.
ViolinGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by rabid child)
Sorry to ask dumb questions ... but when you log in, click on 2010/11 and get to the screen called -

Your application details and next steps

Does it say something like this?

Your parents' next steps

We are still awaiting your Mother's financial details, please ask them to log into their account to provide this information

... if it doesn't, something's gone wrong. You might need to phone up or get your mum to fill in a paper form. Hope this helps, anyway.
No. Doesn't say this. Can I fill it in part on form and part online. Or do I have to start again?
rabid child
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It sounds like your part of the application is done and dusted. If your Mum doesn't see your details when she logs in with her customer reference number, she should send in a PFF1 or PFF2.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ance/DG_183342

Sorry, more time and effort involved, but at least your application will get completed with your Mum's details.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?