Questions for Poetry and Of Mice and Men..Ive done ALL the past paper questions! :D Watch

dundiddyknoe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
hey this is just a quick little thread for the englsih lit exams on 25th next week tuesday :| :| so clossee..

could anyone of you possible predict the questions or write down any questions that may come up and mention the poems too..ive literally done every of mice and men question and poetry question from literaly every past year..ready for them just need something more to do in these 5 days till the exam..please help me and write down a few questions that may possible come up or which you teahcers gave you that may possible come up..

Thanks in advance all of you...TSR has been a big help to me more than what i though tof it..pushed me from a A to an A* for englsih lit..jus these past paper questions and then im finally ready for that A* on the day
dundiddyknoe
Rep:
?
ANyone?
SamKar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Good to hear that you have pushed you're grade up, can you give me a few tips too, I'm currently on a high A and want to ensure that I get an A*

An example question is how does the author make you feel sympathetic to the characters?

Always use PEEDAE aswell

Point
Evidence
Explanation
Development
Analysis
Evaluation
dundiddyknoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamKar)
Good to hear that you have pushed you're grade up, can you give me a few tips too, I'm currently on a high A and want to ensure that I get an A*

An example question is how does the author make you feel sympathetic to the characters?

Always use PEEDAE aswell

Point
Evidence
Explanation
Development
Analysis
Evaluation
thats exactly what i do for the A*..for poetry talk about the point then quote then explain in in basics ..give around 4 alternative interpreatations tha are complrelty out of this world and unique to blow the examiners mind and then add at the end how it affects the reader..e.g the evil character of Havisham makes us as readers more frightened of her, and we woud not be wanted to meet her in real life,..having the language just create this atmospheric attitude puts even more pressure on the reader, and it feels as though the text is pulling our minds together with hers. it could be interpreetted that she is one o those people who can bring illusions to your mind, which could be also refected through how the irregular structure of the pattern schem of the poem does not flow, adding to her abnormality and ability to bring illuusiosn to readers minds. maybe she is so affected that creating these illusions has become one of ehr skills, adding to how the consequences could be reviewed as being exciting and helpful, as it overall helped her to develop a new skill..

As you can see abpve, i completely bull****ted my way through, but that is THE way to get the A* grade...hope we both gain our A* grade next tuesday..we all deserve it

Thanks for the question bdw
geminibubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't do too many- just read through your notes and look at language techniques and amke mindmaps or whatever
Our teacher told us to leave off doing too many past papers as it can make your writing stale and disrupt your flow
dundiddyknoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by geminibubblegum)
I wouldn't do too many- just read through your notes and look at language techniques and amke mindmaps or whatever
Our teacher told us to leave off doing too many past papers as it can make your writing stale and disrupt your flow
yhyh i jus need to do a few more just to get the hang off it under time constrictions..but yh ive created mindmaps,, anottated my poems to the fulest..gone through all the places themese and characters for Of Mice and Men just test papers is alll i neeed
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dundiddyknoe)
thats exactly what i do for the A*..for poetry talk about the point then quote then explain in in basics ..give around 4 alternative interpreatations tha are complrelty out of this world and unique to blow the examiners mind and then add at the end how it affects the reader..e.g the evil character of Havisham makes us as readers more frightened of her, and we woud not be wanted to meet her in real life,..having the language just create this atmospheric attitude puts even more pressure on the reader, and it feels as though the text is pulling our minds together with hers. it could be interpreetted that she is one o those people who can bring illusions to your mind, which could be also refected through how the irregular structure of the pattern schem of the poem does not flow, adding to her abnormality and ability to bring illuusiosn to readers minds. maybe she is so affected that creating these illusions has become one of ehr skills, adding to how the consequences could be reviewed as being exciting and helpful, as it overall helped her to develop a new skill..

As you can see abpve, i completely bull****ted my way through, but that is THE way to get the A* grade...hope we both gain our A* grade next tuesday..we all deserve it

Thanks for the question bdw
That's some amazing stuff there... even though your post is riddled with grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Ah.
BradfordCityJoss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got top in my school. Just talk about pipe dreams and you'll be fine. Mice and Men is a nice easy topic (if not a crap book). Also try and get the quote in "best laid plans of mice and men" or w/e.
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not at all, Of Mice and Men is actually the most engaging book you could ever study for English Literature; compared to the drab that was Great Expectations.
JessicaW
Badges: 1
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BradfordCityJoss)
I got top in my school. Just talk about pipe dreams and you'll be fine. Mice and Men is a nice easy topic (if not a crap book). Also try and get the quote in "best laid plans of mice and men" or w/e.
How on earth can you think it's a crap book?
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JessicaW)
How on earth can you think it's a crap book?
My face went like when I glanced at my measly 1 rep bar, then your reputation beyond comprehension.

I restate my point I made before though.
JessicaW
Badges: 1
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
My face went like when I glanced at my measly 1 rep bar, then your reputation beyond comprehension.

I restate my point I made before though.
It's really nothing to be proud of.

But yay.

Although I also liked Great Expectations.
Yay For Jay
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did "Of Mice and Men" last year. It's a very interesting book and, crucially, very accessible. As "BradfordCityJoss" said the quote:

"The best laid plans of mice and men // Often go awry."

Or, as it is in Burns's "To A Mouse": "The best laid schemes of mice and men // Go often askew."

In any case, try and slip it in. It's a nice quote and proves you have knowledge beyond the syllabus.

Failing that, make sure that what you say when you write the essay is as relevant to the question as possible. If you're in there and you really can't think of anything pertaining to the actual question then write down as much as you know, but if possible be subtle, penetrating and relevant.
BradfordCityJoss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a simple book that has easy, accessible themes. This means it is perfect to use in a curriculum. However the story is predictable, slow in parts and sad. It's not a book I enjoy. An opinion is an opinion, because I've just started posting doesn't mean mine is any less valid but now I'll be sure to you value yours all the more!
Yay For Jay
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Iepnauy)
I'm doing this on Tuesday, and sorry to sound stupid, but where do I find that quote in the book? Or is it not from the book and from somehwere else?
If so, where? :confused:
No, it's not from the book. It's from "To A Mouse" by Burns, and is where Steinbeck got the title from.
BradfordCityJoss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
Not at all, Of Mice and Men is actually the most engaging book you could ever study for English Literature; compared to the drab that was Great Expectations.
Dickens over Steinbeck anyday. Although I admit the length of 'Of Mice and Men' is preferable when having to learn it inside out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?