London University Libraries for Sixth Formers?! Watch

locked_blue
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Exam period is upon us and like many of you, I have a ****** attention span. Revising at home means half an hour of actual revision and an hour and a half break to procrastinate or watch 24.

Which university libraries in Central London are available to go and revise in?
I don't plan on borrowing books but I do want to use the study areas for about a month to revise for my final year of A levels. I know that for LSE and Kings, there's quite a lengthy process to apply for an external visitors pass. What about UCL, for example? Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks for your time
waterinabottle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nope, not gonna happen. Perhaps your best bet is Senate House, and I'm not too sure on that. As for the individual colleges themselves, no chance. UCL has an extremely strict policy about non-students being on site. And I imagine so do the other colleges.

Don't you have a local library?
never_ending
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you 18 yet? If so the British Library is awesome.

And I think to go to UCL is about £5 a day.
MJlover
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My sister goes to a London Uni, can I use her pass without anyone noticing?
locked_blue
(Original post by MJlover)
My sister goes to a London Uni, can I use her pass without anyone noticing?
My friends goes to one of the LSE libraries using his sisters university card...
waterinabottle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by never_ending)
Are you 18 yet? If so the British Library is awesome.

And I think to go to UCL is about £5 a day.
At the present, UCL isn't allowing non-students to use the library. Students are first priority.
MJlover
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by locked_blue)
My friends goes to one of the LSE libraries using his sisters university card...
yesss...thanks for telling me.
HotCoco.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used to go the the wellcome library for studying, and that's a very quiet and pleasant place to revise.
locked_blue
(Original post by HotCoco.)
I used to go the the wellcome library for studying, and that's a very quiet and pleasant place to revise.
Thank you so much! This is the sort of library that I've been looking for to study in
Imson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
at Goldsmiths theres soo many students from sixth form using the library, the staff just give them a day pass, i even saw some my old college m8s there, when i went to Queen Mary i had to write a letter to them explaining why i want to use their library an if they dont recieve the letter from you they will ban will off their library forever
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (485)
80.03%
Leave (121)
19.97%

Watched Threads