Student Loan Overpayment Watch

SarahHolloway
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I started university in September 2009, and had problems with my student finance. The payments had problems on the companies part until I was finally paid it in February. At this point I had chosen to leave university as I had missed a lot due to me having to commute in and lacking the money to do so, therefore I left in March.

I recieved a letter today telling me my maintenance loan and grant have been overpaid and in total they want me to pay back around £3000 straight away. I don't have the money to do this as I have not found work yet and am not sure what to do??

Any advice would be appreciated!
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Call them up and speak to them?
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So you received the money despite not being at university? You can arrange a repayment scheme with them, which I THINK (as it is a fault on their part) they are obliged to accept.
masr
Report 8 years ago
I am going too but I've just found out now and was wondering if anybody could give me any info. I can't call until tomorrow and wanted an answer ASAP. And yeah link, that is the case. Thanks for the information.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So they gave you the money, you left university, spent it all and now can't repay it.

Good job.
masr
Report 8 years ago
Pretty much. You're a cool guy. Warning Level: 10!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.98%
Leave (220)
20.02%

Watched Threads