Dentistry difficulty compared to A Levels? Watch

AmitYiddo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Please discuss... I really want to know what you think..

I'm starting Dentistry this september and want to know how difficult it is compared to A Levels... I got my AAA already and on a gap year...

I have got a clue what I am in for lol... is it tough? Or does my AAA mean i am clever enough to do it and i will pass?

Can you all share your views and tell me what u have heard regarding this... and any current students.. i'd appreciate ur opinions...

Thanks!
aeneas745
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AmitYiddo)

I'm starting Dentistry this september and want to know how difficult it is compared to A Levels... I got my AAA already and on a gap year...

I have got a clue what I am in for lol... is it tough? Or does my AAA mean i am clever enough to do it and i will pass?

Can you all share your views and tell me what u have heard regarding this... and any current students.. i'd appreciate ur opinions...

Thanks!
If you did a linear set of A levels - i.e sat exams at the end of 2 years, you will find Dentistry easier than A levels. There is a lot of cramming in Dentistry - easy to understand though - but you need to be constantly revising or it gets on top of you.
amyloid
Report 8 years ago
Most get AAA anyway, most make it through the 5 years, some don't. It depends on the individual really. As long as you do the work etc, you'll be fine. I've seen the work they do at Sheffield and Leeds, it isn't anything out of this world, just standard dentistry stuff. Nothing that will make you think 'OMG I can't do that'. Good luck,.
woozeybear
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AmitYiddo)

Thanks!
Hmm..I'd have thought it was slightly harder than A-levels because you're actually having to learn some things to apply for many years in the future..I guess you just have to be self-motivated to keep up to date
dentalstudentGKT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i'll say the same thing all the lecturers tell us...........if you meet the grade requirements then you are clever enough to get through!
it isn't a walk in the park though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads