The Student Room Group

Dentistry difficulty compared to A Levels?

Please discuss... I really want to know what you think..

I'm starting Dentistry this september and want to know how difficult it is compared to A Levels... I got my AAA already and on a gap year...

I have got a clue what I am in for lol... is it tough? Or does my AAA mean i am clever enough to do it and i will pass?

Can you all share your views and tell me what u have heard regarding this... and any current students.. i'd appreciate ur opinions...

Thanks!
Reply 1
AmitYiddo

I'm starting Dentistry this september and want to know how difficult it is compared to A Levels... I got my AAA already and on a gap year...

I have got a clue what I am in for lol... is it tough? Or does my AAA mean i am clever enough to do it and i will pass?

Can you all share your views and tell me what u have heard regarding this... and any current students.. i'd appreciate ur opinions...

Thanks!

If you did a linear set of A levels - i.e sat exams at the end of 2 years, you will find Dentistry easier than A levels. There is a lot of cramming in Dentistry - easy to understand though - but you need to be constantly revising or it gets on top of you.
Reply 2
Most get AAA anyway, most make it through the 5 years, some don't. It depends on the individual really. As long as you do the work etc, you'll be fine. I've seen the work they do at Sheffield and Leeds, it isn't anything out of this world, just standard dentistry stuff. Nothing that will make you think 'OMG I can't do that'. Good luck,.
Reply 3
AmitYiddo

Thanks!

Hmm..I'd have thought it was slightly harder than A-levels because you're actually having to learn some things to apply for many years in the future..I guess you just have to be self-motivated to keep up to date :smile:
i'll say the same thing all the lecturers tell us...........if you meet the grade requirements then you are clever enough to get through!
it isn't a walk in the park though!

Latest