Turn on thread page Beta

Nintendo DSI cant connect to a network :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR, got a problem.
    I cant seem to get my dsi connected to the wireless network. I have an orange livebox. I go onto advanced settings in the internet settings area and find my livebox, type in the security key but it wont connect.

Ive probably missed a really crucial part of the connection.

Do I NEED a router for it?
    If not, any ideas as to how I can solve it

Note: Ive already searched for this using the search bar and cant find any solutions here. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    if its WPA protected it wont work but WEP should be fine, i had a problem connecting at my uni house cos the router was WPA protected but my home one was WEP and it worked fine. if it is WPA then youll have to get a new router or you can get one of those usb dongle things for your computer/laptop :yes:

ReputationRep:
    looks like its time to get a router then :/ Any recommendations as to which one/where to get from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    if its WPA protected it wont work but WEP should be fine, i had a problem connecting at my uni house cos the router was WPA protected but my home one was WEP and it worked fine. if it is WPA then youll have to get a new router or you can get one of those usb dongle things for your computer/laptop :yes:
    You don't need a new router? You can change the settings yourself if you know how... but you can probably google that to find out how, since I have no idea how to do this on different routers. I did this with my own router at home (from WPA to WEP) and only took a couple of minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    You don't need a new router? You can change the settings yourself if you know how... but you can probably google that to find out how, since I have no idea how to do this on different routers. I did this with my own router at home (from WPA to WEP) and only took a couple of minutes.
    I dont have a router in the first place...so....I need one right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andygcfc)
    I dont have a router in the first place...so....I need one right?
    Oh right.

Yes you do need WIRELESS access to access NINTENDO WIRELESS. I thought that was a given? Orrrr a wireless USB adaptor from Nintendo:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Access-P.../dp/B000BVAPFI

EDIT: A Livebox is a router? You just need to change the settings on it from WPA to WEP....

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...6223004AAiLMjx

And there's how you change it. Hope it works.

ReputationRep:
    Bare in mind that WEP is like locking your door with sellotape. It can be cracked with the click of a button. If you change the settings to WEP you're effectively unsecuring your network.

(Original post by eugenius 8)
    if its WPA protected it wont work
    The DSi works on WPA, the Lite and original large DS don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    (Original post by DJW)
    ok my bad

forget my post OP :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJW)
    Ah, I have an original

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJW)
    So it does. I didn't know that. I guess it's not to useless after all.

ReputationRep:
    lol it amazes me at how they manage to confuse people...why couldnt it be simple :/ xD
    And it looks like ima have to get a router, theres no way i can change the livebox settings:
    1. its not mine, its my parents,
    2. there are loads of devices already connected to it so id have to reconfigure all of them again
    3. would be easier xD

Thanks so much for the help

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.