Turn on thread page Beta

short sighted in one eye watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal to be short sighted in only one eye with the other eye being fine or am I developing some horrendous cancer?

ReputationRep:
    Depends entirely on circumstance. If you've suddenly gone really short sighted having had decent vision before, you would want to get it checked out.

ReputationRep:
    One eye is usually slightly better than the other.
    I don't know if it's normal, but it's certainly possible to be shortsighted in one eye - usually the other eye will compensate, so that if you've got both eyes open you won't notice any deficit.
    If you're worried, or you've noticed a change in your vision, go for an eye test - they'll be able to tell if anything untoward is going on.

ReputationRep:
    My vision looks fine with both eyes open but when I shut my left eyelid things become quite blurry when further than a metre away. How much is laser eye-surgery?

ReputationRep:
    Could you wear a monocle?

ReputationRep:
    Laser eye-surgery is cheap around £500 BUT your prescription needs to be steady for at least a year before anyone will operate on ya.

So get an eye test, you may even be able to get contacts in that one eye. And remember your eyes do not stop growing till your around 25.

ReputationRep:
    Contacts really freak me out. The idea of putting something in your eye,yukkk! Also I'd look even more ******* stupid wearing glasses than I do now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph Soph)
    Could you wear a monocle?
    Well my chances of getting laid would decrease by epic proportions so no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomheppy)
    My vision looks fine with both eyes open but when I shut my left eyelid things become quite blurry when further than a metre away. How much is laser eye-surgery?
    If it's fine with both eyes, then there's no problem. I have this exact same thing (right eye is blurry) and according to the opticians it's fine. I don't need glasses or anything.
    I did decide to get some anyway though, because I do quite like glasses :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, they're not bad, I wear them and they've changed my life. I hate glasses so never wear them, n even with glasses you get blurry bits round the frames.

Contacts is like 360 degree vision, and your eye is the fastest healing organ in the body! Takes like 24 hour for most eye injuries to heal! Even when they cut it open for laser surgery it only takes like 13 hours to heal!

ReputationRep:
    you could probably get glasses with a precription lense in your short sighted eye thn just a piece of normal lense in the other- people wear them for fashion even whn they dont have bad eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomheppy)
    Well my chances of getting laid would decrease by epic proportions so no.
    Not with steampunk girls!

ReputationRep:
    go to the opticians if you're worried!

i'm short sighted in both eyes but one has always been worse!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but this calls for a monocle.
    posthaste.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.