How much do RBS Call Centers Pay? Watch

RandomFellas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, I'm only asking due to a friend thats recently started working in an RBS call center (I think the claims dept were people call in if they've had a crash) and his only just began a month ago and his being stingy on telling me how much he gets.

It came up once, and I asked him and he got all kung-fu on me finding out. I mean, does it pay a lot? Or just average wage (4.88 hour) what is the big hype he has? He keeps lying and tells me he never checks and that he just gets his paycheck at the end of 2 weeks and spends it, which I find hard to belive, and a real piss take too.
RandomFellas
Rep:
?
bumpy...
RandomFellas
Rep:
?
bump!
Socially Awkward Penguin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RandomFellas)
Hi, I'm only asking due to a friend thats recently started working in an RBS call center (I think the claims dept were people call in if they've had a crash) and his only just began a month ago and his being stingy on telling me how much he gets.

It came up once, and I asked him and he got all kung-fu on me finding out. I mean, does it pay a lot? Or just average wage (4.88 hour) what is the big hype he has? He keeps lying and tells me he never checks and that he just gets his paycheck at the end of 2 weeks and spends it, which I find hard to belive, and a real piss take too.
Why do you care? Seriously?
RandomFellas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Socially Awkward Penguin)
Why do you care? Seriously?
Becuase I'm really pissed off. I mean, what was with all the secrecy? I was going to apply there too, but he just dosen't want me to. And thats just wrong. (he dosen't tell me this though) it's like some sacred thing him getting a job there, and must stay special to him, it's like I'm going to come along and steal his pathetic fame. I'm starving jobless, and he even admitted at first theres a bunch of openings and recomdations are first piroty, then he suddenly changed his tune. I got the impression he dosen't want me to have money, and I truely think thats what it is, and its pissed me of ffs! I couldn't belive his best excuse for not telling me what he gets paid was "I don't check..." And he says that everytime. I hate people like that, and I've known him for ages! So screw him.

And I need an answer, not a lecture.

(could you belive over the past 3 months, he went out and bought the car I was hopeing to buy? And he pulls up in it taking the piss about how he got it before me. Well, in a "good" way. What a ****.)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RandomFellas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Socially Awkward Penguin)
Oh, my bad. I thought you were just mad at him for getting a job; I didn't know you wanted the same job. Maybe he doesn't like people asking him personal questions (such as his wage), I'm sure it's nothing personal against you. Also, so what if he gets the car you wanted? It's a piece of metal.
I think he did it so I wouldn't be able to get a job there, and knowing the situation I'm in, he knew it would have been hard to find a job else where.

You claim it to be a hunk of metal, but he hated the car I chose and was also on about another one and then suddenly pulls up one day, in the same car, same colour I was hoping to get (if I had of gotten that job) you see how much of git he now is? I think his just trying to rub it in.

I never expected this from him. Makes me sick I knew him all these years. And thats what the big curiosty is from me, to find out what was so special about the job. And his told me countless times before what he got paid (errr, 4.88?) this time, its like a secrecy... So I know his getting paid big, and just didn't want me in on it.

Tosser.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads