The Student Room Group

english people, you rock

I'm about to leave England forever, and I just wanted to say - English people, I'll miss you.

Girls, I love the way you wear neon orange leopard print with purple zebra stripes, and don't care. I love how orange streaked legs don't stop you from having a laugh. I love how you're either orange or deathly white, and rarely in between. It's touching in a way. I like how you're confident and self-assured enough to go out and drink til you pass out. I like that you don't hold back. I really love how you're the only ones who look believable with a bleached crop.

I just love the way you can be so shy and awkward in day to day life, and then turn into a raging whore come night-fall. I like that you take pleasure in the smallest, strangest things - ice-creams and hot pants when the temperature hits 18 degrees, barbeques as soon as April comes round.

It's great how I don't have to worry about offending you, because you're either so relaxed you don't care, or too polite to mention it. Really, I love how it takes a while to get to know you, but when you become a friend, you're always there for me.

One of my favorite things about you, is the way you don't conform. Even the Cheryl Cole look-a-likes all bring something different to their look. Whatever music you listen to, whatever subculture you're into, each and every one of you is totally unique, and not afraid to show it. I love that individuality is embraced here, that people have a right to belonging despite their differences.

To the guys, thank you. I love how you actually ARE still mainly old-fashioned gentlemen, deep down inside of you. I love how you don't dare to express much emotion, except when you're drunk and it all comes out. I love your awkward hovering around when your European counterparts would have just gone straight in for the kill.

Sometimes your hesitance and ''treat her as an equal'' aspects can dampen the romance a little. But you are respectful, and kind, and one of the main things I love about you is your quiet and steady way of showing feelings, I really like that you hold back. It makes things so much more genuine. I love how, in contrast, you bellow down the streets at 5am, kicking bins over and making sounds like a total troll.

I like you in a tracksuit, in jeans, even those ridiculous fake geek glasses some of you insist on wearing. I love that you wear shorts and flip flops as soon as there's a break in the rain. I really like how you don't put too much **** in your hair, and how you'd happily wear a neon pink t shirt but never white trousers.

You've had a rough ride - a lot of people ''are mean'' about the English: whether it's the vulgarity/looks/history/whatever, you haven't had it easy.

But in my mind, you will always stand for fairness, and innovation, and most of all individuality.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep I rock.
why thank you :blush:
I think I rock too
The 50% English in me loves that you took the time out of your clearly so-busy day to insult us.

Thank you. Your contributions to this country have been great, you and your piss poor attempts at sarcasm will be dearly missed.
Reply 4
waay tooo much to read..

80% of people on the internet won't read anything over 200 words of plain text.

Spoiler

You put alot of effort in this :lolwut:
Reply 6

I don't rock.

I Dubstep.
Thanks.
Why, thank you. :girl:
I think some of that could be (and has been by one of the dimmer members of TSR) misconstrued as sarcasm, but I feel all proud to be English now! :p:
Reply 10
Hahah the saddest thing it that it's all true...expect a lot of negativity from people that can't cope with the truth being flaunted in their face.
Reply 11
Reply 12
That's almost like a poem ...

And you don't need to leave! Don't!
mackeroo
Hahah the saddest thing it that it's all true...expect a lot of negativity from people that can't cope with the truth being flaunted in their face.

I don't think it was sarcastic. :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Bubbles*de*Milo
The 50% English in me loves that you took the time out of your clearly so-busy day to insult us.

Thank you. Your contributions to this country have been great, you and your piss poor attempts at sarcasm will be dearly missed.

I don't think there is any :dontknow:
Reply 15
I pride myself on being able to detect internet sarcasm and my radar is all over the place.
Reply 17
I feel really proud to be English right now.

I can almost feel myself welling up.

.. why did what I've just written remind me of chocolate oranges? I really want one now :frown:
What a load of ****.
Seanisonfire
I pride myself on being able to detect internet sarcasm and my radar is all over the place.
This.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE OH MY HEAD HURTS :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending