Getting Into College Watch

iCantstop
Badges: 5
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Is there any way I could do A Levels with poor GCSE results?
LaughingBro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Redo GCSEs?
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Study for them yourself? Why do you want to do your A levels anyway? If you had poor GCSE results then I assume you're not that academic, or is there another reason?
iCantstop
Well I had problems in my last two years of school, and without a doubt I would have got high grades even if I just turned up to lesson, so now I just want to get back on track, but I don't know the best way to do this
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by iCantstop)
Well I had problems in my last two years of school, and without a doubt I would have got high grades even if I just turned up to lesson, so now I just want to get back on track, but I don't know the best way to do this
Either do your GCSEs again to get into college, find a rare college that'll let you do your A levels without good GCSE results or just do your A levels on your own with self-teaching.
iCantstop
Ok thanks for the help, I'll probably redo my GCSEs then, seems like the right and best way to do things
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes.

My GCSE: CCC

Just ask around. I just went for interviews and got into places. Then decided to self teach but without the expense as I now handily had somewhere I was registered for exams etc. (Y)
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the extent of 'poor' GCSE's. Usually you should be fine, but if they are truely terrible, then you could try going for resits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (520)
80.62%
Leave (125)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise