The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
dan51
I'm re-doing the course in 6th year :|

Well, I'll be repeating it too probably, but at least we'll be much more prepared and know what to expect when sitting the next exam. :biggrin:
Reply 541
dan51
I'm re-doing the course in 6th year :|

good luck..the past two years as examples might mean that next year it seems so much easier..heres hoping for you that it is :biggrin:
Reply 542
hope i have did enough to pass, don't want to be resitting but sadly that is likely to be happening
Reply 543
LuhLah
Well, I'll be repeating it too probably, but at least we'll be much more prepared and know what to expect when sitting the next exam. :biggrin:

lol yeah, my maths teacher said i could do really well if i retake it, cos i will have a much better understanding :smile:
I thought the whole exam was pretty fair except question 5a) in paper 2, it took me a long time to work it out after the exam. It was only worth 3 marks though so im hoping for an A band 1
Reply 545
roar558
I got 4.5 for question 6c but what did everyone get for question 7b)?

for 7b) i got X=3^8 my teacher told me it was right

but i dont think this question was in the course so it might get chopped off by the sqa

the course doesnt contain logs with different bases
kylen
for 7b) i got X=3^8 my teacher told me it was right

but i dont think this question was in the course so it might get chopped off by the sqa

the course doesnt contain logs with different bases
I couldn't get that question, but afai am aware, you were supposed to use your answer from part a. But it was still really difficult

Invergordon Academy

PLEASE NOTE
There were two careless errors in the 2010 Higher Paper 1: Q16 and Q20
My apologies - too much haste to get the solutions uploaded quickly and not enough care and attention!
The errors have now been fixed.

Invergordon Academy Higher Mathematics 2010 Paper 1 solutions (corrected)
Can someone please confirm it was 93/130 for an A last year.

Just found this link which says it was 101/130 for an A :confused:
garlicbreadman

Looks like it's 101.
ukdragon37
Looks like it's 101.

But here it says it is 93/130 for an A.

I am officially confused
garlicbreadman

You are correct. The SQA changed the spreadsheet after I'd uploaded it, which is thoroughly peculiar, but I'd imagine the newer (93) boundary is more likely to be accurate.
TheUnbeliever
You are correct. The SQA changed the spreadsheet after I'd uploaded it, which is thoroughly peculiar, but I'd imagine the newer (93) boundary is more likely to be accurate.

Thank-you
Reply 552
So was it 93 or 101 last year?
Reply 553
Kelz_26
So was it 93 or 101 last year?

93 for band 2
106 for band 1 last year
Reply 554
roar558
93 for band 2
106 for band 1 last year

Ok, thanks.
Reply 555
I thought paper 1 was decent, but I've spotted so many stupid mistakes I've made. Paper 2 was solid, and I had to hold myself back from breaking down. Hoping the stuff I have written gets me marks, and the ones in paper 1 I actually did right, will count.
What does everyone think the grade boundary for an A will be this year taking into consideration that last year
you needed 93/130...
By the way, has anyone else heard the rumour that they're taking the last question out of the exam? Something about them not giving enough information...

It seems silly to me, but has anyone heard anything similar?
Reply 558
catrinaribena
By the way, has anyone else heard the rumour that they're taking the last question out of the exam? Something about them not giving enough information...

It seems silly to me, but has anyone heard anything similar?

I am not sure that this could be done fairly, as some may have spent more time on it and as a result got a better mark here than in earlier questions. There was talk of this last year, but as far as I am aware it was not done.
fragle
I am not sure that this could be done fairly, as some may have spent more time on it and as a result got a better mark here than in earlier questions. There was talk of this last year, but as far as I am aware it was not done.

Yeah, I thought as much.

Latest

Trending

Trending