The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

alex282
Paper one was ok, paper 2 was ok to start with, I know I used the wrong limits on that area between the curve and line question because I forgot about the other half of it. When do the sqa officially release the marking scheme? Or does anyone post the answers here? I don't think I will be to take the wait this year since its my last year at school. Did anyone else get 3 B's in a row near the end on paper 1 btw?

Maybe if you look through the thread... cause that's what everyone has/will be doing. :p:
Reply 121
Reply 122
'rebecca
']Had the working to be wrote in the white booklet :O What happens if you wrote your working on the pink book but put your answers on the multiplw choice sheet? Oh no

For 1-20 in paper 1, you don't necessarily need to do any working. I did mine in the white booklet, but with pencil and scribbled them out at the end.
I got 32 out of 40 in section a paper 1 but my teacher didn't have the section B paper answers workout yet. How bad what Q 20 in the multiple choice.
for section B
q21 ) did you get 2x + 5y -72 = o ?
Q 21c ) ratio 2: 1 ?
22a) (x-1) (x-1) (2x-5)
22c) g( 1, something ( can't remmeber what I got )
what did everyone get for 23 c ?????
CT_Scan

Get rational
has anyone got paper 1? and any of the right answers? .
Reply 126
My answers for mutiple choice.
A
C
D
A
B
D
C
B
C
B
D
A
B
C
C
A
B
B
A (should have been C)
D (should have been C also)

As far as I know, these are correct, after the exam quite a few of us worked them out together.
UkDragon will have the full answers up soon.
Reply 128
My answers for the rest of paper 1 were;
21a. 5y=-2x+72
b. verified
c. 2:1

22a. (x-1)(x-1)(2x+5)
b. x=-5/2, 1
c. G(-5/2,-8)
d. H(1,-1) I'm guessing the last two are interchangable

23a.i. shown ii. 3/(root13)
b. sinb= 3/5 cosb=4/5
c.i. 6/(5(root13)) ii. -6/(5(root13))
I hope the last 2 in the multi-choice were both C, althouh there was a bit of debating whether Q20 was, as many people are saying A. :/
For 1-20 in paper 1, you don't necessarily need to do any working. I did mine in the white booklet, but with pencil and scribbled them out at the end.

Thank you and thank god for that! :smile:
Reply 131
Liveindreams already posted the MC answers earlier in the thread somewhere. So you can check them while ukdragon works out Paper 2.
Reply 132
rjgg10

Don't scribble them out, if it comes to appeals they will look at your paper and mark the working for multi choice
Reply 133
Hannah45
Liveindreams already posted the MC answers earlier in the thread somewhere. So you can check them while ukdragon works out Paper 2.

I posted the answers to paper 2 on page 5
I thought paper 1 was great and that the multiple choice was the easiest one I had ever done. Paper 2, however, did not go very well :s-smilie:
Oh well, no more maths and only two more exams to go! :smile:
ukdragon37
Arrggh I'm itching to get started.

Hurry up.... :p:

Section A
Reply 136
spacepirate-James
I hate the fact each multiple choice is 2 marks.

Anyone found they had loads of time left in paper one (half an hour of checking for me), and none for paper two. STUPID SQA.

Yeah, i managed paper 1 in 45minutes and did it twice. Paper 2 was not atall enjoyable, I didn't get a chance to look over anything.
Reply 137
Poll added. :smile:
Reply 138
Livesindreams

I got an A in higher maths last year, and i honestly have no idea how to do question 1 of that paper! Clearly I retained the skills learnt last year! :p:
Reply 139
roar558
Don't scribble them out, if it comes to appeals they will look at your paper and mark the working for multi choice

I didn't score too much, so if they could easily still mark it. I just assumed because when we got our prelim paper back the marker had scored through my working for multiple choice.

Latest

Trending

Trending