Help and advice needed Watch

djreal
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm a young disabled male looking to start university in semptember and I was wondering if anyone knew of any scholarships offered to disabled students not just by universities but other organistations I have applied to student finance but they keep losing my application I have sent it to them three times and each time I have sent it by registered post so someone has to sign for it any information would be usfull
x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
iv never heard of any offering scholarships because of a disability, the only ones iv heard of are based on academic merit

have you tried doing the student finance online? or theres somewhere you can go to ... i went so i didnt have to send stuff off they signed it for me but i cant remember the name of the place :| sorry lol
x
djreal
Hi Pixie-lottie I've applied to student finance but they saying I can get something but like I said sent all information in but they keep losing so i'm looking for another way
djreal
hi pixie lottie like i said i have applied to student finance but they have messed me around so much they keep losing my application and evidence i have sent if i dont look for a another way of funding i may not be able to start come september i have tried searching online but no luck
minnieuk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You may be entitled to DSA which can be up to £10K so well worth applying for:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...on/DG_10034898

You can also apply directly to the university for an award from the 'Access to Learning Fund' - this is not solely for disabled students but it does include them and is to assist people who otherwise wouldn't be ableto take up their place.

But you really do need to get your student loan application sorted out. Anyone giving you an extra award will expect you to have already applied for anything else you're entitled to. Do it online.
djreal
ok thanks m8 like i said me n student finance is a on going issue they keep loosing my stuff i may seek advice from the university and see where that leads
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by djreal)
ok thanks m8 like i said me n student finance is a on going issue they keep loosing my stuff i may seek advice from the university and see where that leads
DSA is not a monetary award.
It is an award for support and help with your course in the form of IT, books, amenuenses, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (867)
80.06%
Leave (216)
19.94%

Watched Threads