Turn on thread page Beta

How much could I get a louis Vuitton wallet for? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Preferably the Monogram style.

ReputationRep:
    You can get one off of a Sunday market for like £5 or £10 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Louis Vuitton. Will cost you between 250-300 pounds on the official website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bema)
    Preferably the Monogram style.
    'Lewis Vuitton' will cost you less than £10 on the streets of Thailand.

However, Louis Vuitton will cost you from about £200 to £300 in their boutiques or online. I have a monogram Louis Vuitton wallet that I bought last year for £205 and it's great quality. Gucci monogram is far cheaper than Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton increase their prices every quarter i.e. every 3 months by a couple of percent to protect the exclusivity of the brand so buy quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwietnana)
    'Lewis Vuitton' will cost you less than £10 on the streets of Thailand.

However, Louis Vuitton will cost you from about £200 to £300 in their boutiques or online. I have a monogram Louis Vuitton wallet that I bought last year for £205 and it's great quality. Gucci monogram is far cheaper than Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton increase their prices every quarter i.e. every 3 months by a couple of percent to protect the exclusivity of the brand so buy quick!

Cheers, I'd think about a real one absolutely not interested in fakes. which would get me the better offer a their online shop or a boutique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bema)
    Cheers, I'd think about a real one absolutely not interested in fakes. which would get me the better offer a their online shop or a boutique.
    Either will be the same price since LV never goes on sale and never has discounts.

You're looking at about £180-£300. The one I have cost me £150 a few years ago, now it costs £185.

And yes, please don't get a fake, so tacky!

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the funniest thread title i've ever seen. I need to change my username now to 'TheLewisVuittonDon'

ReputationRep:
    £300 for a money holder? The money in that wallet will never exceed the price of the wallet :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    Possibly the funniest thread title i've ever seen. I need to change my username now to 'TheLewisVuittonDon'
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pYOZduNhtY

The OP has obviously taken Russell Peters way too seriously. It's Louis Vuitton OP!!! And the online and store prices are the same. There are no online or in store offers/sales/discounts, ever. Gucci has offers only in store at certain times of the year. I think last Christmas they had one in London in the Selfridges concession, there was a huge queue as well so you have to be there really, really, REALLY early!

ReputationRep:
    fnuasdfnusaf

OP doesnt do early mornings

ReputationRep:
    how bad is ebay to get one?

ReputationRep:
    If you buy one off Ebay you will most likely end up with a fake, unless you really know the signs to look out for, which you probably don't if we're honest. Even the professional authenticators are sometimes fooled.

I'd go to an LV boutique and see what styles take your fancy. I find LV to be a pleasurable shopping experience. If you want something that holds change aswell as notes/cards the Marco might be a good bet at £295. If you're not bothered about the wallet holding change you'll be able to get something that's less expensive. I was just nosing on the website actually and my the prices have shot up. I remember paying £320 for my Monogram Canvas Speedy30 and now it's £435. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bema)
    how bad is ebay to get one?
    Extremely bad. I just searched for "vuitton wallet" in the men's accessories section - out of the 26 results, 20 of the wallets were definitely fake, 3 were probably fake, and only 3 were probably real (but could still be fake).

Do not even consider buying on eBay if you know nothing about Louis Vuitton. You need to be very familiar with LV - know what to look for, how to authenticate, what stuff actually looks like (often proportions, zipper placement etc are wrong) - to even consider buying on eBay, and even then it is perfectly possible to get burned and end up with a fake.

It's really not worth the risk, and anyway the item you are buying isn't going to be new, it'll have been used. I think for an LV wallet you are far better off buying a new one from the store - I mean they're not that expensive and surely you'd rather have a new wallet than a used one?

ReputationRep:
    A real one? You're not likely to get one for less than around £150 unless you know someone who works in a store, or who has an old one you could buy.
    And don't buy one off eBay - the majority of the purses on sites like that are fake, and just claim to be real, and you usually can't tell by the photographs they display.
    Check out UK Shop Style (Google it, and it's the first one that appears I think) as they're basically like a fashion search engine and you'll be able to find the less expensive one's on there
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwietnana)
    I have a monogram Louis Vuitton wallet that I bought last year for £205
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMJBGBWC)
    :lolwut:
    I have a Paul Smith one, a Y3 one and I had previously a Prada one but that was breaking at the seams etc. after just over 12 months. The Louis Vuitton leather monogram ones will last you forever, they are great quality so they are a good investment.

ReputationRep:
    £250-300 on the Official Website.

Personally I'd go for something a little more understated...if you've got to go LV perhaps look at the Damier style or perhaps just a normal leather one but then again if you want LV I guess you don't want understated...generally..

I'm biased but I love what sits in my back pocket..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    £250-300 on the Official Website.

Personally I'd go for something a little more understated...if you've got to go LV perhaps look at the Damier style or perhaps just a normal leather one but then again if you want LV I guess you don't want understated...generally..

I'm biased but I love what sits in my back pocket..
    Oooh is that Bottega Veneta? I love BV - but it's a lot more expensive than LV isn't it?
    Often the understated stuff costs a lot more than the blingy stuff. I mean just look at the price of LV Taiga compared to the Mono, or look at Hermes. I think part of the reason people buy the monogram stuff is because it is cheapest, I'm sure loads of girls would like an LV Suhali bag more than a Mono one, but not when it is £2,000 more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tefhel)
    Oooh is that Bottega Veneta? I love BV - but it's a lot more expensive than LV isn't it?
    Often the understated stuff costs a lot more than the blingy stuff. I mean just look at the price of LV Taiga compared to the Mono, or look at Hermes. I think part of the reason people buy the monogram stuff is because it is cheapest, I'm sure loads of girls would like an LV Suhali bag more than a Mono one, but not when it is £2,000 more.
    T'is indeed. I don't think the price is that different to that of the LV Wallets mentioned - admittedly I was lucky enough not to buy mine myself and was given it as a present.

Although I guess you've got a point with regards to the pricing - I guess the fact that the monogram stuff is the most available is the reason why it is the most common and thus most copied. I'm just not a fan of anything that's too blingy in that respect; although I admit, I wouldn't hesitate in having a belt with a big H on it hah (...time to start saving...).

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.