The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haha, somehow I think lots I learnt very well didn't come in use at all! In the B2 paper, what the hell were the other carbon compounds?? I just made some up!
I almost cheered when I saw the question of urine, though the question on biofuel had me going urrrrgh :smile: But ok overall really x
Reply 2
I really hated the exam. Any question that required 3 marks or higher I was just like -.-".

The urine question I thought I pretty much covered it, then after the exam I realised I needed to use the words diffusion and active transport in my answer rofl...

The ethonal based fuels - I didn't know either :frown:.

I lost at least 15 marks on that paper. I suck :frown:
Reply 3
Overall it was ok, some questions harder than others, but overall alright. Past papers were much easier. No one said it was easy in my year...
Reply 4
jb107x
Overall it was ok, some questions harder than others, but overall alright. Past papers were much easier. No one said it was easy in my year...

I think 3 or 4 people in my year who took this exam found it easy -.-".

Most people were 'Yeah it was alright'
Reply 5
Found it all good except for how ethanol is made and the enzyme. Someone after said Carbohydrases, didn't think of that at all. I just put anaerobic respiration in plants basically.
Reply 6
Iepnauy
I think 3 or 4 people in my year who took this exam found it easy -.-".

Most people were 'Yeah it was alright'

Same.
The ethanol based fuels and enzymes question I DID NOT GET AT ALL D:
Haha I put carbohydrase ass a completely out of the blue guess! Everyone else thought it was amylase. Oh well, never have to do biology ever again!! :smile::smile::smile::smile: happy thoughts. Next week: no physics every again!
Did anyone else feel they wrote an/aerobic respiration waaaaaay too many times in the B3 paper? x
Reply 10
milkytea
Found it all good except for how ethanol is made and the enzyme. Someone after said Carbohydrases, didn't think of that at all. I just put anaerobic respiration in plants basically.

Same - all I could remember. I'll be lucky if I got 2 marks on that question :mad:
Reply 11
Iepnauy
Same - all I could remember. I'll be lucky if I got 2 marks on that question :mad:

I mentioned carbohydrase breaks down sugars in the plant anaerobic respiration and that gives ethanol as a waste product.:confused:
Meh, doesn't really matter now. The pass mark on B3 is always a lot lower than you expect so if you found it hard, most of the country will have too! x
Reply 13
I had no idea what the enzyme was called. So I just said 'an enzyme breaks down the sugars.' I don't know if I'll have got any marks for that question :frown:. Didn't really like the exercise questions either.
Reply 14
what did ppl say for why concentration of solids added to generator is kept very low? i said cos solids would sink to the bottom??
and why it was more expensive than simple generators? i said cos it had a heating coil
I said that too much solid would stop the motor turning :smile: Science is not my strong point! x
BlissJunkie
The ethanol based fuels and enzymes question I DID NOT GET AT ALL D:

hahha i saw that question and had no idea what it was on about. i literally just wrote anaerobic respiration occurs :biggrin: i just looked in my notes and i wrote like 5 lines on ethanol based fuels so i even wrote it down at some point but i was too dumb to read over it :|
Reply 17
jamsucker
what did ppl say for why concentration of solids added to generator is kept very low? i said cos solids would sink to the bottom??
and why it was more expensive than simple generators? i said cos it had a heating coil

I got the same as you for the second one.

For the first one, I said a great concentration which I assumed to mean hard solids. I wrote the turning spinny thing would jam and not maintain a constant temp :biggrin:
<3 inbetweener D
hahha i saw that question and had no idea what it was on about. i literally just wrote anaerobic respiration occurs :biggrin: i just looked in my notes and i wrote like 5 lines on ethanol based fuels so i even wrote it down at some point but i was too dumb to read over it :|

Ahaha, yeah that's all I pretty much wrote too. Ah well, can't do anything about it now. xD

Did anyone else think that this paper was pretty different to the old past papers? Or maybe I'm just thinking that because it's actually for real. :eek3:
Reply 19
i said that too much pressure would build up and cause the generator to expolde :s that was the only question i found i really didnt know the answer to!

Latest

Trending

Trending