AQA AS Unit 1 post exam discussion Watch

alwaysanigel247
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
That was the worst exam ever!!!!!!!!:eek3: the 15 mark assay for population was a nightmaire i think it was on mathus and boserup

literally the only question i liked was the one on malaysia!

me thinks a retake for me
jennieleggat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha, absolutely horrible for me too! I answered so many questions wrong because I didn't read them properly, and didn't even finish the last 15 marker ): I'm definitely retaking..
alwaysanigel247
Rep:
?
yeh that was the major problem was the wording!!!! :eek3: :mad: get very angry when examiners do that!
jack1865
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i didn't think it was that bad, but the 15 markers were horrible :/
howzat
Report 8 years ago
that was so hard! I found the first question quite easy (rivers) but then the 15 marker for coasts and population was so hard!
alwaysanigel247
Rep:
?
well the topics werent tooo hard but it was just the wording of the questions i struggled with badly
Moe Lester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
******* ****, what the hell! why were there so many questions why were they all stupidly worded? Nowhere near enough time, and wtf with those maps, I have spent countless hours learning meanders, pot-holes, rejuvination.............. :argh:
Dark-Myth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
aw man.
I totally messed up every section apart from Population. I took too long on it, and forgot I was to answer 4 sections. So in the end, I didnt finish the 15 marker for rivers, but managed to do the Antarctic 15 marker in 10 mins, and the entire Energy section in 20mins.

Aw man. I hope the A boundaries are low, because I really want to take geo next year with an A
Kay :)
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dark-Myth)
aw man.
I totally messed up every section apart from Population. I took too long on it, and forgot I was to answer 4 sections. So in the end, I didnt finish the 15 marker for rivers, but managed to do the Antarctic 15 marker in 10 mins, and the entire Energy section in 20mins.

Aw man. I hope the A boundaries are low, because I really want to take geo next year with an A
Omgosh. that's like me to I hope they are low :|

But I thought the questions were quite good - could have been a lot harder. But decieving with the wording!
I got to the end of population and started bullet pointing all my points onwards!!

Argh, I hope they get marked.

What did you think about the health 15marker?
ashley090
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol i just read the title and thought "Sugar! I've missed my Chem 1 exam... lol its at 1 o'****".... Almost had a heart attack! XD
jack1865
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kay :))
Omgosh. that's like me to I hope they are low :|

But I thought the questions were quite good - could have been a lot harder. But decieving with the wording!
I got to the end of population and started bullet pointing all my points onwards!!

Argh, I hope they get marked.

What did you think about the health 15marker?
The health 15 marker was stupid, i just wrote whatever came into my head ;D
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by anisha.93)
I didn't even know what the **** it was on about.
Haha, I had to bullet point :|

Argh. I'm actually scared.
Because if the whole country does will - the grade boundaries for an A will be higher.

I mean its like 60 now, which is quite low - but not 80%
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ashley090)
Lol i just read the title and thought "Sugar! I've missed my Chem 1 exam... lol its at 1 o'****".... Almost had a heart attack! XD
Oh noeeeee :O what happend?
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jack1865)
The health 15 marker was stupid, i just wrote whatever came into my head ;D
Yehh.
Did you have enough time then?
ashley090
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kay :))
Oh noeeeee :O what happend?
Lol its ok I haven't missed thank goodness.... I ran upstairs and found my exam timetable. 45 mins and I'll be starting the stupid paper lol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ashley090)
Lol its ok I haven't missed thank goodness.... I ran upstairs and found my exam timetable. 45 mins and I'll be starting the stupid paper lol
Wow :|
So wait? You finished geography and didnt miss the exam?
Do you remember if the health 15 question asked for a case study?
Dark-Myth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought the wording wasn't that bad to be honest. Maybe I rushed it so much in the end it was too much of a blur. I think this year's grade boundaries will be at around 60.
http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...OUND-JUN09.PDF
http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...OUND-JAN10.PDF

And with a bit of luck, I would have got a decent A.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dark-Myth)
I thought the wording wasn't that bad to be honest. Maybe I rushed it so much in the end it was too much of a blur. I think this year's grade boundaries will be at around 60.
http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...OUND-JUN09.PDF
http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/...OUND-JAN10.PDF

And with a bit of luck, I would have got a decent A.
Yess excatly, its at 60 but could go up if the whole country does good.

But I have just forgotten - we do not get our marks we get UMS.

So how does that work out? If we get 60.
georgiee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i had enough time but didnt like the paper...
the river map work = wth?!
and the population 15 marker eughhhh. it wasnt about malthus and boserup... because it asked about population structure?
hope the boundaries are low again.
Thomasmc135
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I finished the exam, 1a and b (i spoke about v-shaped and u-shaped valley but last second I changed it around and got it wrong, I metioned concave and convex banks though, hope I get a mark) were like wtf, I hadn't bothered learning about that. 1c, I absolutely destroyed that, I just vomited all the facts and figures about it.

Deserts was a beauty, loved everything about it, even the sources of water.

Population, I think I messed the DTM up, I put Death, Birth, Natural Increase/Decrease (growth) and then Time period. The case study was worded weirdly, I spoke about the UK having an old pop. and the One Child Policy (which was linked to it) in so much detail. Malaysia was dodgy, I said it was in 2 but i'm now having doubts as it could be classed as 3

Health was okay, I think I did well on that. I just remembered all the services around my area and wrote about it. Disease of affluence was a dream question. GDP per capita and figures should see me getting full marks.

Overall I think I may have got 80-85 marks which should be an A?

I hope I did that well, onto unit 2 now. If I do well on that then an A should be assured.

BTW, across the country people will have also found it hard, around 60 will be an A again. Still gonna resit this though. I spent 6 days revising and the Three Gorges didn't even come up, neither did AIDS

Politics now,woooo (!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (33)
97.06%
No (1)
2.94%

Watched Threads