Does facebook have ANY impact on your relationship? Watch

Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Has facebook had any impact on your relationship what so ever? Has it allowed you to know things about your bf/gf that you wouldn't have known otherwise?

Does it help you keep an eye on them? Do you go stalking on their profile analysing every single friend, picture, wall message and status comment?

If you know your they're going on a night out do you eagerly await for the pictures to be uploaded so you can see just exactly what went on?

Overall would you say facebook has helped your relationship or made it worse off? Are there some things you see/read that you wish you hadn't?

Question time over time for your answers.......
Spacecam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It did with my last one - things got very difficult very quickly.

However, now me and my other half block each other on the news feed but can still see all each other's profiles. Never get into the habit of checking their profile - it isn't a nanny state after all, and jealousy always ruins things.
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No :/ Why would I want to go through and analyse his entire profile? It's basically spying...
*twinkletoes*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nope it hasnt really changed things, although we did get into argument once about a status! haha.
I dont see the point in checking his FB and he doesnt check mine either. We also never leave comments to each other on there either!
amyloid
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Spacecam)
It did with my last one - things got very difficult very quickly.

However, now me and my other half block each other on the news feed but can still see all each other's profiles. Never get into the habit of checking their profile - it isn't a nanny state after all, and jealousy always ruins things.
Did you find out he was having bum fun with some other guy?
Pinball_heart
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My bf, now my ex, used to get really jealous and angry if I put someone else rather than him with me in my profile pic... stupid.
Anonymous #1
Report 8 years ago
Ha ha! I'm the thread starter from that other similar one...and while I do it now, that's only because I saw him getting closer to a few girls, and thought I might see his behaviour changing. And it did. Before then, I never felt I had anything to worry about and wouldn't be checking up on him, because there was always trust.
BlueRoses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My boyfriend uses facebook about once a fortnight, even if I wanted to there check up on him there wouldn't be anything exciting!
supersteiger
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pictures of them with exes :zomg:

Otherwise, no.
amyloid
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by psychocustard)
No :/ Why would I want to go through and analyse his entire profile? It's basically spying...
Ha love your sig.
_Shanice_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well I live with my boyfriend so it would be a bit difficult for him to hide anything from me lol :p:
sib
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The only problems facebook has caused in my relationship is that we couldn't decide whether to have our status as just 'in a relationship' or to be 'in a relationship with' eachother lol... We hate people in our business and as such just decided to leave it blank. It would have been for other people, not us anyway!
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
Facebook private messages seems to be where we most frequently resolve arguments. If anything it's helped our relationship.
Spacecam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amyloid)
Did you find out he was having bum fun with some other guy?
No. SHE got jealous of me having other female friends!
ourlastmemory
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not at all, we never use it to talk to each other, got other more private things for that, and out of all the profiles I visit on a regular basis his is most definitely not one of them

And I'd like to think if he had something he wanted to hide he wouldn't be stupid enough to put it on a public social networking site :dry:
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by supersteiger)
Pictures of them with exes :zomg:

Otherwise, no.
Urgh, this. Jeaaalooous.
BumperBo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
Has facebook had any impact on your relationship what so ever? Has it allowed you to know things about your bf/gf that you wouldn't have known otherwise?

Does it help you keep an eye on them? Do you go stalking on their profile analysing every single friend, picture, wall message and status comment?

If you know your they're going on a night out do you eagerly await for the pictures to be uploaded so you can see just exactly what went on?

Overall would you say facebook has helped your relationship or made it worse off? Are there some things you see/read that you wish you hadn't?

Facebook is a way of communicating.

It has affected my relationships through what I've said to people, but not in any special way that couldn't be achieved via other means (texting, just asking someone in person, etc.)

The closest thing to a unique effect would be getting phone numbers from my friends when I lost all my contacts.

It's created a couple of tense moments I suppose... for example: according to Facebook I'm married to some girl who lives in Florida (I'm in Virginia). My girlfriend didn't really like that (since I can't put that I'm in a relation with her AND say I'm married).
All it took was a few repetitions of "IT'S JUST FACEBOOK" for her to leave the issue alone tho :cool:
Snaffle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)

Went on my boyfriends a few times, mainly because i am SO nosey. Then one day went on genuinely to look at this guys profile that i wasn't friends with, cos he had some pics i wanted to see, and my boyf had left a facebook chat convo on with this girl and he was flirting with her, so confronted him. We sorted that, but he was ennoyed i went on it.

Thennn one of his mates broke up with his gf and i went on his to see if he had spoken to my boyfriend about it, and read the convo where my boyfriend was saying that he kindof wanted to be single atm, but just cos he wanted to f*** other girls

After a while i spoke to him about that, and we sorted it.

But now he has changed his password, which kind of ennoys me sometimes. But i am nosey, i admit it, so i can't help myself sometimes!
RabbitCFH
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No because I'm not in a relationship. :awesome:
bananaslug77
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not really, but I remember when I broke up with my bf he deleted me off his friends list, as if that matters LOL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads