Running out of space in Business Studies exam. Watch

Conor C
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
In the business studies exam, on 15 mark+ question, my teacher told us to try and write 3 points plus an evaluation. The problem is, even in my smallest writting, I have to squeze 2 points and the conclusion in. Is there nothing we can do in the test to extend our writting? We cannot write on extra pages because there is no way of attaching them to the test. What are we meant to do if we run out of space?

Thanks.
ziggycj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Conor C)
In the business studies exam, on 15 mark+ question, my teacher told us to try and write 3 points plus an evaluation. The problem is, even in my smallest writting, I have to squeze 2 points and the conclusion in. Is there nothing we can do in the test to extend our writting? We cannot write on extra pages because there is no way of attaching them to the test. What are we meant to do if we run out of space?

Thanks.
You can ask for extra pages. They will give you a clip )or something) to attach it.

Dont worry, Just ask
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah just ask, you can have as much paper as you need :yep:
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't be daft! You can have as many extra pages as you need. They will have a section at the top for you to put all the info needed to match the extra sheets to your paper.
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Conor C)

Thanks.
Surely not? - I'm sure you'd be given a piece of string to attach the extra paper to the script via a hole at the top, which would still be accepted even if they electronically scan papers in.
Conor C
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by conroe-killed-the-k8-star)
Surely not? - I'm sure you'd be given a piece of string to attach the extra paper to the script via a hole at the top, which would still be accepted even if they electronically scan papers in.
Nope. They have that in Politics etc, but not business studies. The answer booklet is part of the case study in BS, so there is no holes where you can attach extra pages. How are you meant to show on the page what question you are extending? Wouldn't that be really confusing for the marker who has to read through all the different paragraphs next to each other on a loose page of about 8 different questions?
darrold
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They will give you additional sheets for any GCSE or A-Level exam and often they will give you treasury tags as well. I needed more sheets for my Business exam at GCSE. If it isn't hole punched, just tuck it into your exam paper, and make sure that you write the Q number on the additional sheet!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?