Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend loves going to the cinema and always wants to go but complains that we hardly ever watch films that he wants to see. I'm really not a fan of the cinema (ticket prices are ridiculous for one) and am just happy enough to wait for the films to come out. So in compromise if I'll agree to go to the cinema, then he says we can watch stuff that I pick.

However, he really wants to go to see Robin Hood, and I've never really been a fan. With a 140 minute film that I most certainly think I'm going to hate, I'm going to surprise him and agree to go.

Sooo just wondering everyone's reviews on Robin Hood if you've seen it? Is it worth seeing? Is there anything even remotely enjoyable for people like me who just don't really like that sort of stuff? Thanks guyss

ReputationRep:
    Under the thumb, much?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's alright, although I always liked the animated one.

If you get bored, you could always just make out.

ReputationRep:
    You may like it, it starts off violent and action-esque for around 20 minutes, then degrades into a love story between Russell Crowe and Kate Blanchett for pretty much 2 hours. Actually, I wouldn't advise your boyfriend to go and see it at all :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im a film studies student who loves to go to the cinema and watch new releases..

I walked out of robin hood.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're not expecting a movie called Robin Hood to, you know, be about Robin Hood, go for it. Because this film sure isn't.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon rotten tomatoes has underrated it. It was alright, nothing special but not bad either.

ReputationRep:
    It's not quite as full as action as the trailer makes out, but the action that you see is good . You might actually like it more than your boyfriend, because there is a love story that takes up quite a bit of screen time and the odd bit of action in between. I loved it :grin:.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked it, personally... but then again, I am a bit of a history buff, and so wasn't deterred by the fact that it wasn't quite the stereotypical 'Robin Hood' story. A lot of historical dramas that receive middling reviews in the press, I tend to think are ace. :thumbsup: Not to mention I quite like Cate Blanchett as well. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It bored me. Way, wayyyyy too long.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to watch the story of robin hood again, don't go to it - it is about how he became "Robin Hood" not how he was AS Robin Hood. Otherwise, I thought it was a good movie, and I tend to be quite snobbish about movies. Its not very accurate and has a few flaws though..

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.